How to include visuals in lecture

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to include visuals in lecture

Hello all! I'm  happy to be joining the Udemy community. I have my course outline completed and am ready to begin creating videos. In some lectures, I want to show the student an image of a list or document related to the spoken content. What's the best way to do this? I do all my everyday work on my laptop but will record my videos on my Samsung smartphone, as it meets the Udemy requirement for resolution. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

Hi @LoriStephen867, welcome to our online instructor community! Happy to have you. 

You can add an image of a list or document, or add a screencast (recording of a screen), to your video when you edit your videos. You could also choose to only show the list or document at that time and only use the audio recording for that part.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, Jocelyn. The snag is that I am brand new to both recoding on my smartphone and video editing, and I don't know how to to insert a document or screencast. Can you walk me through the steps?

Hi Lori,

It is not clear, at least to me, whether you are asking about the technical side of how to add images to videos, which would depend on the software you use to edit/produce your videos, or about the "creative" side or what works best to engage students and convey the message.

I'm sure that if you make your question a little more specific, you will get some great answers from the community, besides of what Jocelyn already suggested.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!