How to make my first sale here,

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make my first sale here,

Go to solution

Hi I completed all my bios in the first go, and the course now has 4 Hours plus video material with interaction. On the subject that I have a lot of experience in. How do I make my first sale.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi @AmanKatna1985 - Congratulations on your first course.

How do you make your first sale? My first suggestion would be to lower your price, a lot. Udemy students typically will never pay $94 for a course. Especially a new course by a new instructor. There is another consideration on price. You have targeted Hindi speaking people in India. Indian students are accustomed to paying just a few dollars for courses on Udemy. My guess is that very few of them would be willing to pay the equivalent of $94. And, those that do might likely do so with the intention of getting a refund when they finish the course (the majority of my refunds come from Indian students).

My second suggestion would be to make an english version of your course. You are limiting your course to students who speak Hindi. Therefore, you have eliminated the entire world outside of those parts of India that understand Hindi.

Also, I did a search on Udemy for "Microsoft Excel" and got back 10,000 results. This means of course you are competing against thousands of other courses. It's going to be very difficult for your course to get noticed, especially since you are targeting Indian students and it could take a long time to get a steady stream of sales. Therefore, you might want to consider offering free coupons to gain some visibility.

View solution in original post

JM30
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Go to solution

You need to communicate with them through direct message 

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @AmanKatna1985 - Congratulations on your first course.

How do you make your first sale? My first suggestion would be to lower your price, a lot. Udemy students typically will never pay $94 for a course. Especially a new course by a new instructor. There is another consideration on price. You have targeted Hindi speaking people in India. Indian students are accustomed to paying just a few dollars for courses on Udemy. My guess is that very few of them would be willing to pay the equivalent of $94. And, those that do might likely do so with the intention of getting a refund when they finish the course (the majority of my refunds come from Indian students).

My second suggestion would be to make an english version of your course. You are limiting your course to students who speak Hindi. Therefore, you have eliminated the entire world outside of those parts of India that understand Hindi.

Also, I did a search on Udemy for "Microsoft Excel" and got back 10,000 results. This means of course you are competing against thousands of other courses. It's going to be very difficult for your course to get noticed, especially since you are targeting Indian students and it could take a long time to get a steady stream of sales. Therefore, you might want to consider offering free coupons to gain some visibility.

Go to solution

Yes I realized there were no courses in Hindi, and many people in India still do not understand English that well, I do plan to make a similar course in English too. I will for now work on Price thanks a lot. 

Last time I changed the price, change did not refelect on Udemy page any idea how much time it takes.

Also I made a coupon, and it is the last day, no results!! image.png

Go to solution

Hi, I made some change in the pricing, and managed to make my first sale, Thank a ton!!. This has given me confidence to continue.

Go to solution

Hello Sir,

Could you review my course and share your feedback

Go to solution

Hi I know very little or nothing about sales on Udemy, but if your sales came down then you must advertise your profile on social media, places like Insta FB and Twitter. Share your Course pages and Ratings etc to find people who need your Course. You already had sales so this can work for you. Let me know if I could help to make a one minute video for you.

@NickMaddinson wrote:

Hello Sir,

Could you review my course and share your feedback

Go to solution

Already doing that. Got the idea * ServiceNow exam voucher are not free now. Those were free until June only do saw a surge of or taking practice courses as a preparation step.  

Without a free exam voucher that otherwise costs 10,000 , doesn't look my enrollment will happen..:(

MeryMejia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @NickMaddinson

We have removed the comments sharing links to these groups as we don't allow advertising or promotion of other websites, blogs, groups, etc. in our community per our community guidelines: https://community.udemy.com/t5/Welcome-Introductions/Community-Guidelines/m-p/189#M25

JM30
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Go to solution

@AmanKatna1985-Hi

Also try free courses to gain name recognition and high number of enrollments. I also consider offering my course for free when there are no enrolments for a long time 

Go to solution

Nice suggestion

JM30
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Go to solution

@AmanKatna1985 -You can also make 3 different types of coupons every month. It is easy to send ur old students free coupons if you offered free course previously. 

You also need atleast 5 students n ratings for ur course to succeed. You need to try family and friends first. 

Lastly be patient n don't loose hope.

Go to solution

How can I check with the enrolled student, How he/she feels about the course 

JM30
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Go to solution

You need to communicate with them through direct message 

Go to solution

Yes, Thanks I found it. 

would it look polite if I ask them to leave ratings for the course

JM30
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Go to solution

@AmanKatna1985 

Yes but you need to go to:

resources >support 

to check how you should ask a for a review 

Check this out: 

Trust and safety>The review systemScreenshot_20200717-074015.png

Go to solution

I suggest to make it more visible on the course language page that it's a course in Hindi. This will hopefully get noted by people who look for Excel course in Hindi.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors