I'm looking for a mentor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm looking for a mentor

I've just started planning my course outline and I'm feeling completely overwhelmed. The course I want to make is on creative writing for kids (kids doing the writing, not adults writing for kids).

The challenges ahead, like actually creating the videos and then editing them, seem huge. But even aside from that, just trying to plan the content in a way that's suitable for video is really hard. I've taught kids one-to-one and in group workshops before, in person and online, but that's very different from creating fixed videos where you're not there to interact with the pupils!

But I do know that it would be possible to create something amazing to help kids improve their creative writing. I have loads of ideas - I just don't have any of the skills yet to make them happen.

So I was wondering if anyone would be willing to be my mentor - someone who could cheer me on and offer advice. Ideally someone who had to learn a lot of new skills themselves when they first became a Udemy instructor, or even someone who had to hire out the task of editing their videos (which I'm considering). 

Anyone...? I'm based in London, in the UK, so someone in a similar time zone would be great but isn't essential. I'm 37 and am creating my course because I'm highly skilled in this area, but my attempts to re-enter the world of employed work after a long break aren't meeting with success, so I thought this might be a better route.

I'm imagining a mentor who isn't looking for payment, but if I can offer anything quid pro quo, like help with your writing (of any kind - I've done copywriting work as well as writing fiction) then I'd be happy to do that.

Thanks!

Miriam

4 Replies

I would love to help in the process of implementing your ideas. if you don't mind I will help you to create the content that you desire. I am in India now but I will be very happy to help in any way.

Hi Suraj, and thanks for replying. I checked our the preview of your course and it looks great. I think ideally though I'd like to find someone whose videos are a little more similar to what I'm looking to create? Hope that makes sense.

@MiriamCraig751 It's ok. if you will need some help ping me on my mail surajjadhav7375@gmail.com. Happy to help

Hello, i am newbie here i love teaching specially introducing my country. What need to know about the culture, Learn to speak our dialect and to know more about  what's here in Philippines. What's fun in here. Can someone help me how to start at udemy? Please. 

@Surajjadhav7375 wrote:

I would love to help in the process of implementing your ideas. if you don't mind I will help you to create the content that you desire. I am in India now but I will be very happy to help in any way.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors