I'm overwhelmed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm overwhelmed

Hi everyone. I'm a first time instructor and yet to publish my course. It is not easy preparing, recording and all. However, I've been reading feedback from some instructors on the revenue one gets to retain after a Udemy promotion. The 25-50% retainer is discouraging f firstimers like me. I need encouragement to keep going and also explanation on how self promotion works. Thanks!

2 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

@BettyMukami You raise a lot of issues.

Feeling overwhelmed is normal. In addition to your own subject matter expertise, there is a lot to learn about being a successul online instructor: structuring your course, video skills and performing on video, editing, and then the self promotion. All of these subjects are discussed throughout this community so there is no point repeating them here. 

Go to the marketing section to see many discussions about how the market your own course. The revenue split issue has been discussed at length in other threads. I suggest you don't worry about it. Worry about developing a high quality-high value course in a good topic area. That is your first problem and the most significant determinant of how much money you will make. 

Good luck. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Thank you @LawrenceMMiller. I'll definitely follow your advice. I'm glad to know that others have been in my shoes and confidently outgrown the baby shoes. Thanks again

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors