I would like some critique for my choice of topic for a course :)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like some critique for my choice of topic for a course :)

Hello, my name is Arman. I'm a quite a newbie at Udemy course-making. I have studied lots of important information others left here, but I have a very specific question about making my first course. 

I have decided to make a school A-Level Statistics course, which I studied in my high school. I am not sure whether it will be in demand or not. I have browsed Udemy for similar courses and could find only one that was made pretty poorly according to comments; also its program is slightly smaller than mine. I'm affraid my course topic is too specific and theoreticaly can be learned elsewhere, so I want to make my course more explanatory and example-giving. 

The only thing that stops me is lack of confidence that it will be in at least small demand. Could you advice me what to do? Thank you very much 🙂

1 Reply
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Have you checked out the Insights tool for this topic?

https://www.udemy.com/instructor/marketplace-insights/?q=Statistics&lang=en

It looks like there is some very good, established competition in this topic. So although there is high student demand for it, it's also hard to break into it. As the tool says "bring your A game" to succeed in this topic.

Explore the top-earning courses it surfaces. Can you make a course that's so much better than them that students would buy yours, as a new, unproven course, instead? Could you perhaps complement these courses so that students might buy yours in addition to the existing top-sellers?

Anyhow, study the Insights tool - as a statistician, you'll know what to do with the information it gives you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors