I would like to ask some information of help

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to ask some information of help

Dear friends, 

been registered on Udemy for about one / two months now. So far I have made almost 4 hours of video course as a teacher, it is a course dedicated to drawing for beginners.

My course is not complete and has not yet been published on Udemy and in this moment is still in draft phase.

My idea is to create hundreds and hundreds of lessons over time, so a training school that gives real value and can really help students who want to follow it.

In your opinion, even if I start publishing the "partial course" on Udemy with the intention of continuing to add new lessons a little at a time, can it still be okay?

Because if I continue to wait there is the risk that I can lose many months without earning a cent to prepare a course that I don't even know how it will go and if it will like it.

Is it a good idea to publish a course that has not yet been completed, and then add new lessons every month to keep it updated? Could it work the same, or could I be penalized?

I await your useful suggestion, especially from those who already have a lot of experience on Udemy!

Alessandro

4 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

You certainly can continue to add additional content to your course over time. That's encouraged.

I wouldn't release a course that cannot yet stand on its own, however. If students finish the content you currently have and feel like it isn't finished, that won't work to your advantage - you'll just get bad reviews and that can be hard to recover from.

But, if what you have is a competitive, complete course on some aspect of drawing, it's OK to release it in its current state and add on to it over time.

You might also consider breaking up your content into multiple courses if you are planning to add entirely new topics to it. You are competing against about 400 existing drawing courses on Udemy, so it might be a better idea to go after more specific topics that have less competition.

Hi Frank, 

you are right... I will try to go ahead and to have patience for produce very more lessons. Eventually I will evaluate more aspects.. Thank you so much for your valuable suggestions.

Best regards. 

Alessandro

Rahul Iyer
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @AlessandroB879,

I had come across a similar situation for one of my mega course. So I reached out to the Instructor Support for guidance. They mentioned that each course that you release should be a full, complete course. At no point, there should be any expectation of adding new content to the course and those should come as pleasant surprises, rather than expected pieces that were not initially included.

Hence, they recommended what @FrankKane has mentioned. You can break up the topic into multiple courses and release them one at a time (with specific titles addressing what is in the curriculum). These should each be complete courses that do not require one another in order to complete.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have more questions. It is best to reach Instructor Support for more guidance in this situation.

Thank you very much Rahul !

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors