Identity Verification Process

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verification Process

Go to solution

Greetings Everyone,

My name is venkatesh, and im from India, while i was trying to complete Identity Verification Process, the automated version of verification asked for my name , father name and PAN card number, though i submitted the details exactly as in my PAN card, but it failed authontication for some reason, then i had to go with alternate way of Identity Verification Process for which i submited the video request as mentioned in the instruction.

i went through the FAQ of the process, per FAQ it takes 24 hours to get this reviewed, but its been more than 40hrs and i havent heard back from Udemy.  i did had chat with support guys they mentioned the video was 20MB due to which they could not get the video to the verification department, unfortunatley i couldnt find any instruction about size of the video to be submitted,  and luckily the chat support guy mentioned i can share Gdrive or dropbox link.

I have shared the Gdrive link and awaiting verification process. 

has anyone experienced similar situation before submitting their first course, or any idea how long could this take ideally ? .  also per the instruction if i fail to finish the verification by 7th July my account will be deleted does this mean only the instructor account will be deleted or the entore account (student account included) ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi @Venkatesh111, sorry the verification process is taking a little longer than we'd like. We ask instructors to expect a response time of approximately 2 business days from the time you reached the team, as this may vary depending on the volume of tickets received. You can feel free to bump the ticket by reaching out to policy@udemy.com, but I'm sure the team will get back to you as soon as your email is next.

Concerning the removal of an account based on verification time, our Trust & Safety team is best equipped to answer this for you. Be sure to include it in your email and they will gladly help you out.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

29 Replies

Go to solution

@DYay2810 No still waiting for reply... 

Go to solution

Ok, as long as your account isn't deleted @TheRahulMalviya 

Go to solution

is your account got deleted? or what was the update? I'm having the same problem. @TheRahulMalviya 

Go to solution

How long it is taking now a days? Do I need to send the video to policy@udemy.com and verification@udemy.com both ? It was mentioned to send to verification@udemy.com only

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Kaustav Right now the team is taking around 5-6 business days to get to each request. We have mentioned this here https://community.udemy.com/t5/Course-Management/Course-long-wait-time/m-p/49714#M6237

If you are submitting the identity verification process, you will need to send the email to verification@udemy.com 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

@ElianaC : Thanks for the update. That's not a good news for me either 😞

What about the time taking for review process now?

Go to solution

Facing a similar situation here.

Go to solution

Hello.

It is more than two weeks that I submitted my verification request and have not received any kind of response yet.

Could you please help me with that?

Go to solution

I am also from India it may happen so because there is a difference in the format of PAN card details.

You are requested to upload a video of yourself about declaration.

I have send it already and waiting.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors