In which category i have to classify my course?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In which category i have to classify my course?

Go to solution

Hello,

I am preparing my first course named "Introduction To Python Programming" and in the landing page i want to know which category and subcategory i have to choose ?

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi @RamziDeveloper, instructors are free to choose the category where they want their courses to be included (as long as this makes sense). I recommend that you check out the market and see in which category the courses similar to yours are listed. In the end, you should choose something that makes sense in the minds of your potential students and is consistent with what you teach in it.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @RamziDeveloper, instructors are free to choose the category where they want their courses to be included (as long as this makes sense). I recommend that you check out the market and see in which category the courses similar to yours are listed. In the end, you should choose something that makes sense in the minds of your potential students and is consistent with what you teach in it.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

@Abbie Thank you so much i will try to do it

Go to solution

Thanks Abbie for replying. I also had the same question. It is good to see that udemy is stressing on common sense which is very uncommon

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors