Introductory to Intermediate Python Courses

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introductory to Intermediate Python Courses

Before I get started on making videos, etc.  I just wanted to ask for any advice on how best to create my course.  Of course, I want to make this as professional as I can, and also attract student.  

Best, John Griner

38 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

John, I don't think you have correctly selected the category and sub-category. Are you sure you want to be in the "Teaching and Academics" category?????

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Lawrence, hmm, I thought that was the most logical place.

Can we suggest a better category?

John

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Search competitive courses and see what catagory they are in.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Who is going to be searching a topic that will lead them to your course? Academicians?

I don't know your subject but my guess is that if you put it in this category it will be buried and lost. It is like a supermarket where you are selling candy and you put it in the dog food section. It won't sell. Look at the list of categories and decide which best fits your course.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Lawrence,

Ok.  Different category, maybe lower price? As far as you I am trying to reach, I'm not quite sure.  For the most part, just anyone the wants to learn Python, at more of a beginners level; that's how I designed the course.  So, yes, probably academics, but students, high school and university students that either are in class and would like ancillary help via video, etc., or highschool students who need help because their teacher is not the best, continue education adults, anyone that wants to learn Python for any reason, and needs someone where to start.  Thus, in short for Academics at the beginner to intermediate level.  I can record more advanced lectures if need be.  Ok, I will go back and look at the categories.  Thanks.  Also, I set the price at $49.99/hr.  Maybe I should set it a bit lower?

John Griner 

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

John, there is no pricing per/hour. You have a price for the course in its entirety. Again, look at your competition, there is a lot of it. Look at the courses that sell the best. https://www.udemy.com/courses/search/?src=ukw&q=Python

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Lawrence,

I just looked at one of the courses, and the price is set at $15.99.  This particular course far exceeds, in content what I have done.  Thus, I should probably ad more content, i.e. more videos, downloadable material, 70 coding exercises, a test, etc. 

Thus, it will take some time if this is this case. 

Thanks again, for your help, John

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

My guess is that that price is the current sale price. Not the list price. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Lawrence,

Can I ask if my course is being reviewed?

John

Lawrence,

Is my course being reviewed?

John

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

I have no way to know that. I am just an instructor. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

ok, can I ask how I should ask?

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JohnGriner466 You'll need to reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com to see the status of your course. 

Eliana Cerna 

Udemy Community 

Lawrence, Thanks.  Can we place my course in Development, under Python.  Also, I want to set the price to $9.99.

Lawrence. Thanks.  I have set it at $49.99

ok

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

@MuhammadUma309 I am very certain that this self-promotion, advertisement, is in violation of the community standards. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

ok

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors