Is it better to Opt out of promotional program

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it better to Opt out of promotional program

Go to solution

Hi I am a new in New instructor and I had priced my course at 114.99 USD but I had opted for udemy promotion. N now my course is selling at less than 10 USD and I am opting out of the promotional program. 

1. Is it a good thing to keep the pricing  the same or should I leave it to Udemy to price? 

2. During my chat, the person told me Udemy will not market if we opt out of the promotional program.Is that right? 

3. How does udemy reach the masses n Market the program? How wil students know about my program? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

If you are starting, you are better off enrolling in Udemy's promos unless you are doing your own marketing. If you are not part of them, the only place people can find you is either through your own efforts or when someone is searching and finding you on Udemy.com. 

To answer your last question, Udemy will promote courses based on what students are interested in. They will promote your course if it has social proof (enrolled students, reviews, active students, etc). Remember that Udemy is a business, and they want to make money. They will put more emphasis on your course if they figure out it can make them money.

Best of luck! 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

View solution in original post

5 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion

Go to solution

If you are starting, you are better off enrolling in Udemy's promos unless you are doing your own marketing. If you are not part of them, the only place people can find you is either through your own efforts or when someone is searching and finding you on Udemy.com. 

To answer your last question, Udemy will promote courses based on what students are interested in. They will promote your course if it has social proof (enrolled students, reviews, active students, etc). Remember that Udemy is a business, and they want to make money. They will put more emphasis on your course if they figure out it can make them money.

Best of luck! 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

Go to solution

Thank you Greg.

What you stated totally makes sense. I will stay on the promo campaign. 

Go to solution

@GregReverdiau Sorry that I am just now joining this discussion years later, but I had similar concerns as @LathaYamini . 

I am just starting as well and I am getting a bit of traction (19 students in my first ten days with 11 reviews). But I was initially appalled at how low Udemy prices my course. (from $129 to $7.99)

@GregReverdiau Have you participated in the Udemy Deals the whole time you have hosted your courses? Do you think it would be a good strategy to use the Deals Program to build ratings at first, and then switch to full price once you have established yourself? Or just stick to the Deals programs indefinitely? 

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

@Create Your Own Products I recommend you opt in to the deals and leave it there. No one is going to buy your course at full price on Udemy. If you want to sell courses for more than the discounted prices on Udemy you should just create your own store to do that. But, you will have very little traffic and sales unless you have developed a large mail list and fan base. I am very certain that all of us who are making up in the five figures every month are all opt-ed in to the deals. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

@LawrenceMMiller This is the best advice I have received by far. Is there a way to give you 5 stars? ️ Thank you so much!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors