Is this way of creating a course good?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this way of creating a course good?

Go to solution

Hi there,

I am creating my first course in Udemy. It is an I&T course where I am teaching how to use a business intelligence tool. I have spent more that one and half month creating pdf files as "training material" with explanations, screenshots, tips, notes, useful links, workaround to many actions, etc. and now I am ready to start recording videos based on that training files.

My idea is to upload a video and provide the training material as resource file where the students can have access to them as a manual but now I am wondering myself if this is good... why? The huge amount of time spent... I have been working 3 or 4 hours per day, all weekends to create something! and now I have to create videos, edit them, add captions... I do not know. I think it is too much.

Of couse, I am very exciting with this opportunity and I do not want to give up but... for future courses, what do you think? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@Javier , Creating a good course takes a lot of time. Some successful instructors here will tell you it takes several months. I spent 6 months on my first course, which ended up being 11 hours long. So keep up the good work, you're on the right track! 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@Javier , Creating a good course takes a lot of time. Some successful instructors here will tell you it takes several months. I spent 6 months on my first course, which ended up being 11 hours long. So keep up the good work, you're on the right track! 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

Go to solution

Thanks @GregReverdiau, if great instructors like you took that time to create a course, I am in the right way.

Thanks for your answer.

Javier

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors