July Feedback Post: Give and get feedback on your course!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July Feedback Post: Give and get feedback on your course!

Hey everyone, we know it’s always helpful to hear from other instructors how you can improve your course content to be even better. This is the place you can ask for feedback and share your feedback too.

Before you share your course content, check out our self-promotion policy, and read these quick guidelines:

1. Be specific. Share what you’re looking to improve or things you’re concerned about so your fellow instructors can provide targeted feedback.
  2. Upload content directly. Whenever you can, directly upload a video or course outline to our platform so it’s easier for other instructors to check it out.
  3. Don’t share course links or instructor coupons. This is a space to share and receive feedback, not sell to other instructors. If you want to reference a course, share the full name of your course without linking it. Instructors can find the course by clicking on your community profile and going to your instructor account on Udemy.
  4. Pay it forward. If you’re asking for feedback, look over someone else’s course and give them some feedback too! Always try to give more than you ask for.

We hope this feedback thread can help you create even better courses!group-1825512_640.png

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
17 Replies

Hey guys,

I'm preparing my first test video before creating a course.

I'd love to hear your feedback if you have some time to check it.

Thanks in advance!

Dear Manu,

Great animations on the chess board!

A few things I would suggest to improve:

- In the video, your face appears _very_ briefly. And even during that split second, the camera is moving around. I would mount the camera, and make that piece longer, so that people have enough time to see you.

- The "stages, not stooges" slide also appears too briefly. Not enough time to understand - I briefly saw three people, and somehow thought that three stages will correspond to those three people. Not enough time to read.   

- Same for other slides on the right side - I would suggest to ensure that each slide should appear long enough for people to read it. 

Hope this helps,

With kind regards,

Vlad.

Mayam
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Wow! You've packed the punch in it Manu! Keep it up!

Hola, estoy creando mi primer curso en Udemy. Es sobre el manejo del Programa Finale 2014 que es un editor de partituras musicales. Quiero compartirles mi video de Prueba para saber sus comentarios y sugerencias. Muchas Gracias.

Dear Juan,

Even though I do not speak Spanish, I hope that I could understand something you say because I speak little Italian. 🙂

In your video, you spend 30 seconds (from 0:30 to 0:59) going though the menus. That's 30% of the video (1 minutes 28 seconds). Each menu item is just pronounced by its name, without any additional information about each menu item. 

I would remove this part, because it does not bring any new information to the students. 

Or, alternatively, maybe add a phrase to each menu item - something very short about standard items that are similar to other applications (like File, View), and something interesting/engaging about specific items (Midi/Audio, etc), so that students get interested to know more in the next lectures.

Hope this helps,

With kind regards,

Vlad.

Dear fellow instructors,

Please - can you kindly give a rating on my English pronounciation?   

On a scale from 0 to 10 ("0=very bad", "10=very good").

Please click on my profile, the course is called "SQL Essentials: The Beginner's Guide to SQL Language". Please just watch a 2-minute promo video.

I'm not a native English speaker, and would really appreciate your honest feedback. 

Thank you so much,

With kind regards,

Vlad.

Hi Vlad,

You do have a strong accent, but you also speak slowly and clearly. I had no trouble understanding your intro video.

Kasia

Dear Kasia,

Thank you very much!!

With kind regards,

Vlad.

Hi Vlad, yes you do have a strong accent, but you not hard to understand. But if there was a similar course offered by a native English speaker, I would choose the native English speaker. I would suggest you watch accent reduction courses on YouTube, and try to shadow native English speakers. 

Now can you check out one of my course and watch and tell me what you think about my accent.

Hi Ela,

Thank you so much for the feedback, and for suggesting the accent reduction courses.  Should you have any particular courses you can recommend, then please kindly share. Thank you very much.

I've checked your courses - you seem to have a very pleasant-speaking and clear voice.  

If you are looking for ways to improve things, I would suggest two areas:

- try to tune the microphone settings and/or recording software settings to remove the background noise. It is quite noticeable. 

- maybe add more materials to the courses, especially to the 1-hour course. Usually 1-hour courses do not sell well on Udemy, even if they are super-great.

I believe that adding more content and removing background noise will improve your courses much more than improving the accent.

Again, thanks for the feedback - appreciate your help!

With kind regards,

Vlad. 

Thanks for posting this.. helps a lot.. 😊

Mayam
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Check out my only course "Cyber security stories".

Hi Abbie/Team, I could not find a post for August feedback, so posting it here. Please let me know if it should be posted else where.

I would request input from experienced instructors on my course page.

Couple of points:

1: I created the course around June-end and gave out Free coupons on social media, which exploded exponentially and there were 10000+ enrollments. 

2: After that I'm seeing sluggish activity. Some days there is 1 enrollment, but then there aren't any for long days.

3: I checked the analytics and there are approx 30-40 landing page visits everyday but they are not translating to sales.

So I was wondering if there is any improvement option in my course landing page, and request feedback on same from experienced instructors here.

Thanks!!

Greetings -

We are experiencing poor conversion rates hence, revamped our Promo video. We'd value your feedback. 

-is it clear?

-is 9 min too long?

-does it make sence to include 'message  for training managers' in the general promo video?

Any other comments / suggestions would be cakyed.

Thank you

Mahomed and Hawa

/setsa-selfempowerment)

Hi,

I need feedback for my English accent, suitable for people of western countries. People are complaining with my accent.So I've decided to re-record my course again. I'll be grateful and remember your help if you rate these two videos for my accent,pace and tone. 
Video One:

Video Two:

Thanks 
Samir Imtiaz

Mayam
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Hey Samir,

The accent is not american.

I'd suggest you to improve your accent or to embrace it.

Hi, can you check out one of my courses on my profile and tell me what you think about my accent please.

I have a low conversation rate, I fear my accent might be chasing potential buyers away

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors