Just Published My Course on Literary Theory!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Published My Course on Literary Theory!!

Go to solution

Dear All:

I just wanted to share that after about a week of work, my course (Literary Theory for Beginners) was just accpted for publication and is now LIVE!

I am grateful to Udemy for providing such extensive guidelines and for providing some wonderful editing sugegstions in the review report.

Here is my introductiory video:

Thanks also to those of you who took the time to give me some good advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @MasoodRaja you have made a good first-up video however you could do a few things to capture our imagination.

• First up your intro is too long (it looks professional but generally bores people), you only have a couple of seconds to capture my attention and you take 10 seconds before you introduce yourself - come in much earlier.
  • You immediately crossed your arms - body language is important - you then uncrossed them but I have already seen the closed gesture. 
  • You look as if you are reading a script, and, not once do you look at me.
  • Be aware of the text blocks in the lower RH corner as that is where the Udemy Watermark goes.
  • You give a good explanation but do not sound very excited about your subject.

As said this is a great first-up video - I can hear your clearly (very important) - there is no background noise and the setting is apt re your subject matter. 

All the best

Sharon

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @MasoodRaja you have made a good first-up video however you could do a few things to capture our imagination.

• First up your intro is too long (it looks professional but generally bores people), you only have a couple of seconds to capture my attention and you take 10 seconds before you introduce yourself - come in much earlier.
  • You immediately crossed your arms - body language is important - you then uncrossed them but I have already seen the closed gesture. 
  • You look as if you are reading a script, and, not once do you look at me.
  • Be aware of the text blocks in the lower RH corner as that is where the Udemy Watermark goes.
  • You give a good explanation but do not sound very excited about your subject.

As said this is a great first-up video - I can hear your clearly (very important) - there is no background noise and the setting is apt re your subject matter. 

All the best

Sharon

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Go to solution

Thank you for taking the time to give me this wonderful feedback. I will keep all this in mind for the future. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors