Language effect on earning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language effect on earning

Hey hope you all are fine. I have made my first course of Software requirement engineering. I have made my course in urdu hindi. The content in the course is in English but it explained it in urdu hindi. Is this effect my earnings. When i have made a free coupon then about 10000 enrollments a are made but when i made the second coupon of 9.9 dollar then no enrollment. Is this the effect of the language i used for explaining my content. Give me suggestions. Thanks alot

6 Replies

Hi @AtikaIslam - First of all, do not place any importance on the fact that you had 10,000 free enrollments. 9,975 of those people will never take your course. They just like getting free courses. This is just the way it is and I have no idea why. Secondly, language can have a huge impact on course sales. Personally, I will always purchase a course from a native English speaking instructor if I can. When someone pays hard-earned money for a course, they should not have to struggle to understand the instructor. 

Hi @AtikaIslam  As long as your explanations are clear with neutral accent and captions are enabled, it hardly makes any difference whether you are native English speaking instructor or not. It is totally a wrong perception. Had that been the case, Udemy would not have reached global platform.  However, when you use local languages you restrict your reach and potential buyer will be limited to those countries where that language is spoken.  

Thanks alot

@Alex2020 wrote:

Hi @AtikaIslam  As long as your explanations are clear with neutral accent and captions are enabled, it hardly makes any difference whether you are native English speaking instructor or not. It is totally a wrong perception. Had that been the case, Udemy would not have reached global platform.  However, when you use local languages you restrict your reach and potential buyer will be limited to those countries where that language is spoken.  

Thanks alot for guidance

السلامُ علیکم

میرے 7 کورسز میں سے 1 اردو زبان میں ہے جو کہ آج تک ایک بھی سیل نہ ہو سکا۔

اس کی ایک بڑی وجہ یہ بھی ہے کہ پاکستان میں یوڈیمی کے کورس خریدنے والے بہت کم ہیں۔

Yes you are very right. Now i have to make another course in total English language. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors