Leading from the heart

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leading from the heart

Go to solution

Hello All,

Pleased to join a community of intellectuals.  My first course just went live and I would appreciate some feedback/advice. Thank you in advance.. Cherif 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi @CherifS16  Your course has a total of 5 lectures and all 5 are set to free preview, which effectively makes your course free. You may want to change that. 

Best of luck. 

View solution in original post

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

It doesn't show as a free course, but you have made every lecture a free "preview" lecture. Therefore there is no reason to buy the course.  

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

View solution in original post

8 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

OK, well first of all there will be no more courses on leadership allowed on Udemy. 

Pause

Pause

Pause

Just kidding. Check out my home page and you will understand why.

Seriously, I think you need to consider the difference between effective college lectures and effective online course lectures and course structure. Don't take it from me. Read the research: https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-Course-Creation/Lecture-Effectiveness-The-Research/m-p/141....

Your intro/promo lectures should be about three minutes, max. Course lectures should be less than five minutes, although I violate that sometimes. I can promise you that prospetive students will not make it through that promo. Check out Angela Yu's promo lectures, and other top instructors. There is an obvious reason why their courses sell. 

Also seriously, welcome to the club and good luck with your courses. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

😊Ok, no more leadership courses. Thank you, Lawrence for the insights. I will keep the information in mind for my next course. 

Regards,

Cherif SA.

Go to solution

Hi @CherifS16  Your course has a total of 5 lectures and all 5 are set to free preview, which effectively makes your course free. You may want to change that. 

Best of luck. 

Go to solution

Hi Liam,

Thank you very much. I didn't know that it shows as a free course. 

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

It doesn't show as a free course, but you have made every lecture a free "preview" lecture. Therefore there is no reason to buy the course.  

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Thank you, Lawrence. How do I change that ? This is my first attempt putting together a Udemy  course and I am sure I'll have to keep adjusting things with future courses.

Regards,

Cherif SA  

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

It's easy. Go into your course page and on the left click on "curriculum." For each lecture, on  the right there is that little down arrow. Click on it. You have toggled "Free  Preview." Un-toggle them. By default they are not free previews. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Thank you very much. I figured it out going over the course couple of times.  Still learning how the platform works🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors