Line breaks in batch question uploader

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line breaks in batch question uploader

I want to use the batch question uploader to upload the CSV file for practice tests but how can I insert line breaks in the CSV file. These are the approaches I have used

1. Used alt+enter in the CSV file in Excel 

2. Added line breaks in Google sheets 

But still I was not able to add line breaks 

And yes I did contact instructorsupport@udemy.com but they also provided me with the same solution to use alt+enter 

Can someone please tell me how to add line breaks?

3 Replies

Hey @JimmyPopat7 , this would certainly help other instructors who may face this issue. We'd like to know how this can be added. 

Hi Maria Actually the problem here is how Udemy parses the CSV file on the backend. When we put a line break in the CSV it shows up in the CSV but for the line break to show up in the practice test new lines are represented by <br> tags but udemys CSV parser does not automatically change the line break to <br>

So we need to have a talk with the backend team in udemy

Hi @JimmyPopat7 , you can write to instructorsupport@udemy.com and discuss this with the team. They'll gladly help you look into this!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors