List of Categories and Topics

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of Categories and Topics

Go to solution

Is there a complete list of Udemy course Categories and Topics?  I'm seeing courses with topics that aren't listed on the website dropdown box.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hey @RichardDeut752, the top-level navigation on the site will display all categories and subcategories, but only the most popular topics within each. There are about 3000 distinct topics on Udemy today, with more added every week. At a certain level of granularity, students tend to find courses via search or recommendation, not by browsing directly to a topic page, so the UI doesn't include an exhaustive list.

If you're curious whether or not a particular phrase is an official "topic," you can try entering it as one on a draft course or on Marketplace Insights. Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Go to solution

Hey @RichardDeut752, the top-level navigation on the site will display all categories and subcategories, but only the most popular topics within each. There are about 3000 distinct topics on Udemy today, with more added every week. At a certain level of granularity, students tend to find courses via search or recommendation, not by browsing directly to a topic page, so the UI doesn't include an exhaustive list.

If you're curious whether or not a particular phrase is an official "topic," you can try entering it as one on a draft course or on Marketplace Insights. Hope that helps!

Go to solution

Thanks Jocelyn; that's helpful.  Is there anyway to find out if someone has the BestSeller badge for my chosen Category/Topic?  Because it's not a popular topic, I can't directly search for it.

Go to solution

Hi @RichardDeut752, the best way to see the top courses in your Category/Topic is to use Marketplace Insights. There isn't a direct way to search for a Best Seller. Also, not every category/topic has a best seller!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors