Looking for a quick way to edit video

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a quick way to edit video

I use power Director, but itis slow for doing the initial editing of video.I'dlike to find a simple solution for taking a video and cutting aut all of the mistakes I make while recording, and ending up with a cleaner video. I don't need any other features as I would then do that in power director.

Anyone know of suh a tool?

7 Replies

I use powerdirector and I can't think of a quicker way of editing out mistakes. How could it be quicker? The time consuming bit is watching and deciding what you want to get rid of but I don't think they have bots for that yet. 

LL

For example in Audacity, to cut out a segment, you click, drag, release, delete and the segment is cut out. Powerdirector uses at least twice as many steps. PD also has bugs with the display of the audio, when you make cuts. It also does not return to the previous edit location when a longer segment is cut out. 

The initial editing steps (cut and splice) in Audacity are much faster than in PD.

@RPavlis Sounds like audacity is the solution for you. Audacity is just audio? I'm always working with both audio and video. I'm not sure what you did in PD but I edit out a chunk with three control functions in PD. CT CT Cdelete. It takes 3 seconds and I don't lose my place. The time is negligible compared to the time it takes to decide where to cut. I tried a lot of programs and like PD the best but we all have different preferences. Variety is the spice of life. 

LL

I agree with others that Camtasia is a good choice. It's relatively easy to use, and the learning curve is not as extensive as I've seen with some other editors. It's pretty much made for what we're trying to do here.

Of course, it's not worth spending $250 and then using it only for preliminary cuts. I have tried several cheap editors that seem as if they'd be great for exactly what you're talking about, but Camtasia was easier.

I used free editing tools in the beginning, but was unhappy with them. Then I invested in Camtasia and it's worth it. Easier, better, smoother, etc. 

@RPavlis I have tried many video editors but the best and the easiest that i have ever used is Camstasia Studio, try it and you will like it.

Good luck

DeniseFletcher
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Camtasia is great and easy to use

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors