Looking for feedback on 2nd rough draft video

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for feedback on 2nd rough draft video

Go to solution

Feedback on my first video was enormously helpful. Thank you all! So I'm back for more, this time with a "lesson" lecture in which I'm teaching a skill. It's unedited because I'm not yet up to speed and will probably need new hardware to run Camtasia. 

Below is a 720p version. Here's a YouTube link to a 1080p version: https://youtu.be/AMF73fXJcg4 

I'm looking for what works in terms of delivery, teaching style, and content. What's interesting and what's not? What's clear and what's muddy? What works, on some level, and what needs improvement or should be deleted?

NOTE: This is just the "talking head" part. Where there are pauses there will be insertions of text, images, or audio (for instance, a gong sound where there is now a silence). And I'll be wearing different clothes, have makeup, damp down the wild hair, etc.

Thanks so much. Once I get one or two "theory" and "practice" videos critiqued, I'll work on editing more final drafts. I want to get content issues identified first.

- David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi, Etka. Thanks! As for the background, I used a background frame (two light stands and a pole across) and a blue bed sheet. I tried several, and Iiked this one the best. The only problem with it is that it doesn't stay flat. I have to keep readjusting clamps whenever the humidity in the room changes, or if a few days pass. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Go to solution

Let me sum up my evaluation in six words; I’m going to buy your course!  And I already got a quick-win.  Great job in my opinion!

Go to solution

Thanks! I'll post here when it's up and running. I still have a substantial editing learning curve. (And the Tibetan singing bowl for the gong sound hasn't yet arrived!)

AliciaPaz
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Love this!  Also, you have a similar course and I would say style to another instructor here who is successful and I have recommended his course to my students because of the style and practicality of it.  Your personality shines through and talking head videos for this kind, of course, is standard and my students have told me they loved having a therapist's face looking at them.

I also have belly breathing in my course as well as square breathing and in some ways similar style; practical and useful skills.  It's all interesting, I like the narrative, story-telling and think the type of students you will get will too.  

Also, I hope you take this way it is intended but I wouldn't worry much about your hair, makeup or outfit.  You have a nice "older hippie counselor" look and maybe it's because more counselors in Portland, Oregon look like you than me- but I think it works for what you are teaching and profession.

Very much look forward to the course.  Good Luck

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP

Go to solution

Thank you! It's very encouraging to me that you are so positive about this video, and also that somebody else here is doing something similar and is successful at it. Who, may I ask, is that? Also, I'll take a look at your course. Perhaps once I get going and have some kind of following we can point people at each other's courses. 

And, I do take your characterization the way it was intended. I was, after all, at Woodstock in 1969, so I suppose I qualify as an "older hippie couselor." 

I'm really loving this community so far. I had a similar feeling when I gave some presentations at a yoga conference in Hong Kong and met the other presenters. It's really nice to be here.

Thanks again,

David

Ekta
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Go to solution

Its good. Delivery is good and relaxed. You look comfortable on the camera. Pretty nice. I have a question..How did you manage to have this background. Thanks.

@DavidBookbinder wrote:

Feedback on my first video was enormously helpful. Thank you all! So I'm back for more, this time with a "lesson" lecture in which I'm teaching a skill. It's unedited because I'm not yet up to speed and will probably need new hardware to run Camtasia. 

Below is a 720p version. Here's a YouTube link to a 1080p version: https://youtu.be/AMF73fXJcg4 

I'm looking for what works in terms of delivery, teaching style, and content. What's interesting and what's not? What's clear and what's muddy? What works, on some level, and what needs improvement or should be deleted?

NOTE: This is just the "talking head" part. Where there are pauses there will be insertions of text, images, or audio (for instance, a gong sound where there is now a silence). And I'll be wearing different clothes, have makeup, damp down the wild hair, etc.

Thanks so much. Once I get one or two "theory" and "practice" videos critiqued, I'll work on editing more final drafts. I want to get content issues identified first.

- David

Go to solution

Hi, Etka. Thanks! As for the background, I used a background frame (two light stands and a pole across) and a blue bed sheet. I tried several, and Iiked this one the best. The only problem with it is that it doesn't stay flat. I have to keep readjusting clamps whenever the humidity in the room changes, or if a few days pass. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors