Lowest rating

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowest rating

Go to solution

Hello I published my first course on udemy. I have explained few concepts of image processing along with its implementation using Matlab. I have written the code line by line in the video, simultaneously i have explained each command. One student enrolled the course, but he gave me 1 star. Where I genuinely feel the course is not bad. Can anyone please explain me why this happened then? Please do leave a reply.

6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi @PragatiSuni103 

I think your course is decent in terms of content, it happens a lot when people just don't appreciate you amd your efforts and every instructor has to go through this, it doesn't mean there's a problem with your course. 

Just keep hustling 

All the best and don't let you down you are doing great🙌🏻

And also how much time it has been since you i uploaded your course ? 

If u need any help for increasing your audience i will be glad to be of help

KS

View solution in original post

Go to solution

So @PragatiSuni103  you should firstly make coupons for promotion of 31 days to increase your audience okay and if u don't know how to do that just let me know.

And Secondly change the Title and image to be more attractive, you can use. Title such as Become great at using Matlab or such words in the Title .

You also have a single point in What you'll learn tab so add atleast 4 points to what people can learn out of it 

Your Most Welcome 😊

KS

Go to solution

I think you should ask the student as to why he left the rating.

Dr. Joy

Go to solution

HI @PragatiSuni103 As i have told you about the Course Promotion Coupon to attract more audiece.

You can create A Coupon of free Enrollment for a month on 

The Course Promotion tab when u edit the course.

It will help build your audience.

If you want further assistance, you can always ask. 

KS

Go to solution

@PragatiSuni103  for audio editing Audacity tool is great. try to use it if you have any query about that tool feel free to ask. my first course in about to complete so I'll submit my course for review process very soon and parallel my second course is also near about ready for the review process submission. i am damn sure Audacity will help you to improve the audio quality.

Go to solution

Hi PragatiSuni103, don't worry about anything.

I can tell you, that it is not your course, but udemy's 30 day refund policy that makes this happen.

If a person buys this course, only with the intention of getting it free, then they will, buy the course, learn everything that you have to offer, and then ask for refund (and while doing that, they have to  fill feedback, and that obviously would be a 1 star only so as to make their refund easier).

Don't be discouraged, just keep doing what you are doing and all the best.

21 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @PragatiSuni103 

I think your course is decent in terms of content, it happens a lot when people just don't appreciate you amd your efforts and every instructor has to go through this, it doesn't mean there's a problem with your course. 

Just keep hustling 

All the best and don't let you down you are doing great🙌🏻

And also how much time it has been since you i uploaded your course ? 

If u need any help for increasing your audience i will be glad to be of help

KS

Go to solution

Hello @Karansetia thank you so much🙂 Noted your points. 

It's been less than a month the course had being uploaded

Any help would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks once again

Go to solution

So @PragatiSuni103  you should firstly make coupons for promotion of 31 days to increase your audience okay and if u don't know how to do that just let me know.

And Secondly change the Title and image to be more attractive, you can use. Title such as Become great at using Matlab or such words in the Title .

You also have a single point in What you'll learn tab so add atleast 4 points to what people can learn out of it 

Your Most Welcome 😊

KS

Go to solution

Thats a great suggestion. Can you please guide me more regarding this coupon promotion? Have changed the title. Cool will change the image too. Will check the mentioned tab as well.

Thank you so much

Also I asked the student for the feedback, he said the explanation was very good but he expected more algorithms. Basically he didn't check the preview and/or the course content before purchasing the course. I have covered whatever I mentioned in the preview, also have given very specific titles to each lecture. My bad

DiogoAlvesd487
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @PragatiSuni103 , I had a look at your preview videos, and your sound quality is very poor. That way, it is natural that you get low reviews. Check online on how to improve your audio quality. Best of luck!

Go to solution

Noted. Thank You 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Your audio is terrible.  If you can't improve it, you will see more low ratings.

Go to solution

Noted. Thank you. Anyways student gave me the feedback that explanation is very good but he was expecting more content. Basically he must have not seen the preview video and/or didn't go through the contents of the course, because I have covered each and every topic that I mentioned.

But surely I will work on the audio quality.

Thank You.

Go to solution

@PragatiSuni103  for audio editing Audacity tool is great. try to use it if you have any query about that tool feel free to ask. my first course in about to complete so I'll submit my course for review process very soon and parallel my second course is also near about ready for the review process submission. i am damn sure Audacity will help you to improve the audio quality.

Go to solution

Hi @Surajjadhav7375 . Yes I really need to work on my audio quality. Thank you for your suggestion. Will use it and again upload. 

All the best.

Go to solution

I think you should ask the student as to why he left the rating.

Dr. Joy

Go to solution

Yes thats the best. I did ask the student, he said explanation is very good but content is very less. Where I have clearly mentioned in the preview about the course content, also the titles are very specific and I have covered everything that I mentioned. I asked him to write it in review.

Go to solution

Then you have done all you can.  Don't let it worry you we can't please everyone.

Dr. Joy
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@PragatiSuni103 It is unfortunate that this is the only rating you have received. I am sure with other ratings it will improve.

However, do what you can to improve your course. I looked at your intro video for about 30 seconds. I can hardly understand anything you are saying. Slow down. Enunciate clearly. Remember that the largest audience speaks U.S./British English, not Indian English.

Also, just having a PPT slide is very uninviting. Jazz it up with better graphics. 

Your first course is always a learning experience. You can succeed if you learn.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Thank you so much Sir. Will surely upgrade my audio and video. 

@LawrenceMMiller wrote:

@PragatiSuni103 It is unfortunate that this is the only rating you have received. I am sure with other ratings it will improve.

However, do what you can to improve your course. I looked at your intro video for about 30 seconds. I can hardly understand anything you are saying. Slow down. Enunciate clearly. Remember that the largest audience speaks U.S./British English, not Indian English.

Also, just having a PPT slide is very uninviting. Jazz it up with better graphics. 

Your first course is always a learning experience. You can succeed if you learn.

Go to solution

HI @PragatiSuni103 As i have told you about the Course Promotion Coupon to attract more audiece.

You can create A Coupon of free Enrollment for a month on 

The Course Promotion tab when u edit the course.

It will help build your audience.

If you want further assistance, you can always ask. 

KS

Go to solution

Hi @Karansetia, sure will do that.

Thank you for all the help Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

I think this is a terrible idea. If the course isn't all that good to begin with, attracting more people (especially with free coupons) is likely to just result in even more poor reviews.

I wouldn't suggest promoting the course unless the audio issues are resolved.

Go to solution

Mr. @Anonymous sure will first work on improving my audio and then will promote using coupons. 

Go to solution

Hi PragatiSuni103, don't worry about anything.

I can tell you, that it is not your course, but udemy's 30 day refund policy that makes this happen.

If a person buys this course, only with the intention of getting it free, then they will, buy the course, learn everything that you have to offer, and then ask for refund (and while doing that, they have to  fill feedback, and that obviously would be a 1 star only so as to make their refund easier).

Don't be discouraged, just keep doing what you are doing and all the best.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors