May Feedback Post: Give and get feedback on your course!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Feedback Post: Give and get feedback on your course!

Go to solution

Whether this is your first or fifth course, it’s always helpful to hear from other instructors how you can improve your course content to be even better. Each month, we create a feedback thread where you can ask for feedback and share your feedback too.

Before you share your course content, check out our self-promotion policy and read these quick guidelines:

1. Be specific. Share what you’re looking to improve or things you’re concerned about so your fellow instructors can provide targeted feedback.
  2. Upload content directly. Whenever you can, directly upload a video or course outline to our platform so it’s easier for other instructors to check it out.
  3. Don’t share course links or instructor coupons. This is a space to share and receive feedback, not sell to other instructors. If you want to reference a course, share the full name of your course without linking it. Instructors can find the course by clicking on your community profile and going to your instructor account on Udemy.
  4. Pay it forward. If you’re asking for feedback, look over someone else’s course and give them some feedback too! Always try to give more than you ask for.

We hope this feedback thread can help you create even better courses!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ScottDuffy
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

How can I help you?

I've been on Udemy just over 4 years now, and have just about 150,000 paying students. I teach technical topics (like cloud computing), but consider myself fairly knowledgeable about how Udemy works and Udemy SEO in particular.

Reply to this post with your course name and instructor name, and I'll give you an honest opinion about 2 or 3 things you can do to gain more success on Udemy.

Or AMA - Ask Me Anything - and you'll get my honest opinion on that.

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Hello,

First post for me - have published two courses so far, but have struggled to attract students to them.

How to get a job in Sales

Sales Training: The Nuclear Core of Selling

I've put on emphasis on production quality to help differentiate it from other courses of a similar ilk. Does the course descriptions work in your opinion? Am I not positioning it right for potential students? Anything really! 

View solution in original post

35 Replies

Go to solution

Hi Scott, thank you for the offer.  I just published my first course and can really use some feedback on how to be successful on Udemy.  The course title is "Cyber Security Concepts 2019" and the instructor name is "Al Anders, CISSP".  

thank you,

Al Anders

Go to solution

please take my and sugeest me how can get feedback and reviews.

@ScottDuffy wrote:

How can I help you?

I've been on Udemy just over 4 years now, and have just about 150,000 paying students. I teach technical topics (like cloud computing), but consider myself fairly knowledgeable about how Udemy works and Udemy SEO in particular.

Reply to this post with your course name and instructor name, and I'll give you an honest opinion about 2 or 3 things you can do to gain more success on Udemy.

Or AMA - Ask Me Anything - and you'll get my honest opinion on that.

Go to solution

Hey iam new instructor on Udemy, i published two courses ,i'd like to have some feedback and marketing tips.
My courses are :

60min photoshop de A à Z

Photoshop full guide from zero to hero in 90min

Regards

Go to solution

Hey @Barkouk, this is an old thread. Please ask in our August feedback there: https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-Course-Creation/Get-feedback-for-your-course-here-August-F...

Go to solution

I am hoping to offer this seminar and others with similar format as a bridge to offering my group coaching services.  I would feedback on the structure of the semminar, if there is anything you think I should maybe modify.  The meditations of course would have soft meditation music in the backgrond.  Thank you.

Name of Seminar: Perception: Bridge to Empowerment

Targeted Audience:  Those going through any struggle with a relationship including at work

Objective: Provide tools to move through these challenges in a healthy and empowered way

Relevance:  In today's world there is constant turmoil and it seems people do not have the tools to handle changes, shifts etc.., this Hub, this Coach hopes to provide them

Seminar Itself:

Start with:
  • Check In
  • Relaxation Meditation
Followed By:
  • Mirorr, Mirror Perception and truth -Lazarus technique
  • Cloze Out of exercise
Close Excercise:
  • Check In, share any thoughts etc..
  • closing Meditation
Closing:
  • Thank You for being here, being a blessing
  • Announcement of next seminars and group coaching program, what's coming and where to find out
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Great work @KatherineAp592. Are you using this to draw people to your courses? If so great tool! Enjoy the journey.

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Go to solution

Hello everyone!

I am struggling to create my first online course. The quality of my video, where I was speaking in front of camera, was approved. I have no issues with it. Now I need to find a solution for videos, where I draw/paint on a sheet of paper. I tried to make different test videos but all of them are very dark. I tried direct light from two sides, while central light in the room is on and I tried to draw near the window thinking that daylight can help to make video lighter. But the video is still dark. Please help me to find a solution.

I am an art instructor. I gave around 100 offline workshops and have a lot of experience in this field but I am not very good at finding technical solutions.

Go to solution

Hey @TatyanaArt, can you share some video examples of what you've tried? You can upload directly to this site so we can watch them and give you some pointers 🙂

Go to solution

Thank you for the fast reply. This is a sample video. The paper is on the table, the central light is on (two lamps on the celling) and tree lamps are directed to the sheet of paper. The camera I am using is Logitech c525. What else can I do to improve the video quality?

Go to solution

Thanks for sharing! I'm tagging in a couple other instructors who also teach art to see if they can provide some suggestions 🙂 @Nicola @KellieChass647 @ScottHarris 

Go to solution

It looks as if you need more light. You cab also brighten the video when you get to editing. Also increase the contrast in the editing phase and the lines will show up darker. I hope that helps.

Go to solution

Thank you very much

Go to solution

Thank you very much for your suggestions

Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

I need feedback on my first course: Complete Guide to Careers in Data Science

Can I message to instructors directly for that? or Posting in the community is sufficient?

Go to solution

Hi!

I'm still on my first course which now I'm working on updating the content. Since that will involve re-recording of most of the lectures I'd love to get your feedback on the course in general so I can take this time to improve as well!

The course name is: "The Complete Course to Manage G Suite"

Really apprecaite this!

Regards

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors