Microsoft Office - Legal Question

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Office - Legal Question

Go to solution

Hi all, 

I am currently creating my very first course on Microsoft Excel, Access & VBA. 

The course will be split between theory (with some slides) and practice (screencast of my own computer screen with Excel, Access and Visual Basic applications). My question is: is it legal to use such screencasts of these applications in a paid course? Has anyone already faced some legal issues with their course? (even with other apps)

(NB: I have a valid MS Office Pro 2019 license if it matters)

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards, 

Benjamin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi @btermonia No issues you dan go for screencast if u have original license of the product. Don't worry there will not be any legal actions. 

In fact it's a great interactive way to teach students. 

Dont worry 
All the best !

KS

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Go to solution

Hey @btermonia, Udemy cannot advise on any copyright issue and takes no responsibility for the material that you place on our platform. Remember that you retain the rights to all of the content that you place on Udemy and that we are simply the platform through which you deliver that material.

If you think that the material that you are using might be infringing upon somebody else's idea or content, we would suggest not including it in your course. The easiest way to check whether it is ok for you to use somebody else's content in your course is to contact them directly and ask for their permission.

Good luck with your course!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Hi @btermonia No issues you dan go for screencast if u have original license of the product. Don't worry there will not be any legal actions. 

In fact it's a great interactive way to teach students. 

Dont worry 
All the best !

KS

Go to solution

Hi @Karansetia ! Many thanks for your answer.

Go to solution

Hii karan..

I also have a confusion. I am making a course in powerpoint, but the slides in powerpoint are so small, and i cannot cover proper topics in each slide. I am curious to know whether there is any other softwere to make my slide lectures more attractive..

Go to solution

Hi @Yahyakhan472 

Yes you're right powerpoint offers less space

so you can use Videoscribe, Animaker or Movavi these are some best interactive softwares to use. 

All the best !

KS

Go to solution

Isn't there any free option. And if I download any of these that you mentioned they produce watermark in videos also. Any other solution?

Go to solution

Thanks for sending your email. Now I'll contact you through email. 

Again Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about when you say powerpoint slides are "too small". I use them in my lectures and they are full-on 16:9 aspect and full 1920x1080 resolution.

Not sure what you guys are doing but it doesn't sound like you are using them properly....

Go to solution

I am using powerpoint for a while to make my course, but It does not cover the whole topic that I want to have in one slide. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Then use multiple slides? I recently published a course that used over 400 slides and about 200 animations. Why are you trying to use ONE slide?

Go to solution

I didn't know about multiple slides. Thanks for telling this idea. I'll learn how to use multiple slides now.. Thanks again

Go to solution

Can you please tell me how did you use 400 slides? You mean 400 slides in one slide ?

Go to solution

No! 400 different slides

Go to solution

Different slides in one Presentation. You can cover your topic in six to seven slides normally in a video lecture ranging time between 3-4 minutes duration. Thus, you can create many lectures.

I have a tip for you also: Moving through the slides(from one slide to other) , you must take special care about audio and video matching. So use best video recording software while recording your lecture.

Regards.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors