Monthwise Sales Data for 2018

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthwise Sales Data for 2018

A request out to the experienced Udemy instructors out there.

I put out a new course in August, it brought in about $300 in revenue. In September, looks like the revenue is going to be around 210$. So my September revenue will be around 70% of my August revenue.  I saw some posts in this forum, which said that this was expected. That was a huge relief.

But could the instructors please share their thoughts on revenue comparison over the months? Maybe the inputs from your 2018 calendar could help?

If we keep, say, August as the base month (or just mention whatever base month you are using), the revenue will be: ( I will start it, but I only have 2 months worth of data! )

January  
February  
March  
April  
May  
June  
July  
August100%BASE
September70% 
October  
November  
December  

I know there are a lot of other variables as well, but for the sake of simplicity, assume this is only for one course, and that you are not doing any promotions, lets only consider Organic.

2 Replies

Hey @JohnHonai, it sounds like you've already published your course but it looks like your community account hasn't updated to reflect that. Can you try logging out and logging back in with your Udemy instructor account? Once you have a Published Instructor account on the community you'll have access to the Published Instructor Club where you'll more readily find conversations about revenue.

Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Too lazy to look at organic for those months right now, this is just from sales dashboard. 

January90 
February75 
March90 
April85 
May85 
June90 
July95 
August100%BASE
September100% 

Did a lot of own promos in September to make up for lower organic sales, organic 80% of normal. 

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors