My First Course is finished! But....

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Course is finished! But....

I just finished my first course.

I have set my class to private and am geeting people in my network to view it for me and to hopefully leave a review to get some social proof.

I don't have an audience, although i have been careful in my topic selection and made sure there isn't much competition with a decent amount of demand for the topic.

Should i just release the course now?

Is there anything else i can do to give this a better chance of doing well, that won't eat up a bunch of time, i have a couple of other businesses so just trying to manage my time effectively.

Tim. 

3 Replies

@Timmyc 

Hi Tim

This is only my opinion. I haven't published my course yet, just about to send it for review. 

My advice is publish your course. It's the only way to test it for sure. And it's only your first course. Many of the successful authors say their first course was far from their best but they all advise to publish. 

Just do it, let it go and get on with making your next course. That's what I am going to do. I have high hopes for the awesome quality of my 5th course! I'm now working on my second!

LL

One of my courses had no reviews and got 5 sales on the first day, in fact half day, as it got approved later in the day. And it kept that up and more before I got my first review. 

You dont neccesarily have to have social proof if a topic is wide open.

Ermin

Hi Tim,

I'm in a similar position, I've just received the email saying my course has been approved but I still have it set to private.  Wondering the same! I'd say it may make sense to send it public while also getting contacts to look it over for social proof.  I'm super busy too (trainee lawyer!) and don't have time to do much beyond this - for the remainder of this week anyway.  I just produced some free coupons and planning to send those out in some Facebook groups.

All the best!

Colette

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors