My first Course on Udemy.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first Course on Udemy.

Go to solution

Hello,

My name is Mohit Uniyal. I'm a Data Scientist & a passionate teacher from India. 

I've recently published my first course on Udemy. In one week I got 300+ enrollments, although it's not a big number, just thought of sharing with the community. 

Also, I've now started working on another course. 

I would love to get guidances from other instructors to keep in mind while being in the initial phase of the Udemy platform. 

Any guidance on doing Udemy for full time.?

Thank you, 

Mohit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hey Mohit

My suggestion here would be to watch your sales for a time period of at least 6-8 months. If its constant with what you expect your earnings to be or better increasing, I would say you are good to go for "Udemy full time". I am also in the same phase now.

Best 

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @Mohit Uniyal, I'm bumping your post here in hopes to get some replies from your fellow instructors about your specific question, but I'd like to say congratulations on publishing your first course and reaching 300+ enrollments in one week! That's a great start and we're so excited for you!

All the best!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Go to solution

Thank you @Bella. even I'm excited for the Udemy Journey. 

Go to solution

Congratulations my friend.. 😉

Go to solution

Congratulations Mohit. The sky 🌈  is the beginning of success story as I wish the best.

Go to solution

Thank you very much @Francisoji048 

All the best to you too. 😄

Go to solution

Congrats Mohit and wishing you all the best in the future.

I only started this year so I am still new. I hope that those who have been there longer will respond to your question. Since you have already seen a lighht, In the meantime just continue creating courses when you have time available. 

Go to solution

Thank you @Monica2021 , Yes I've started working on my next course. 

Good luck to you as well 🙂

Go to solution

Thanks Mohit

Go to solution

Hey Mohit

My suggestion here would be to watch your sales for a time period of at least 6-8 months. If its constant with what you expect your earnings to be or better increasing, I would say you are good to go for "Udemy full time". I am also in the same phase now.

Best 

Go to solution

Thanks @jaatishrao,

Great. Same Phase.  All the best for your udemy journey. 

Regards, 

Go to solution

It’s good start @Mohit Uniyal , my answer is ‘Not yet’. It is a big risk. There are many reasons, being in Tech it is also important you keep your updated with your present job and bring your experience into teaching. There are numerous ways things may go wrong unknowingly. There is nothing wrong have multiple incoming. Once you are very much confident. Then go for it.. Follow the community and you will get more ideas. We have many colleagues shared there issues and successes.

Go to solution

Thank you very much @SAPBuddy Will keep these things in mind. Learning more about Udemy from the community. 

Go to solution

hey @Mohit Uniyal , just joined udemy as an Interior Design Teacher and came across your post. This seems like a good motivational post for me and makes me more excited to begin here. Good Luck for your future too! 

Go to solution

That's wonderful to know my post helped you gain confidence.

All the very best.!! 🙌

Go to solution

Hi Mohit.

I've been on the platform for 6 or 7 years now. My advice would be to set your own goals for what you want to achieve on Udemy and avoid being too distracted by the claimed results of others. Recognise that for most people it is unlikely to be an overnight success and much more likely to be a slower build. Udemy is now a very big platform with a vast range of topics and instructors. Each category and sub category probably has quite different levels for what might be considered a successful course.

Remember, you are building a business and approach it accordingly. Focus on quality and service for your students and you will succeed over time. Personally, I would not jump to full time too quickly unless you have too. Udemy has played an increasing role in my work, but is still only a part of my business strategy, albeit a key one.

Good luck.

Richard

Favourite quote: The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion it is taking place. - 'George Bernard Shaw.'

Go to solution

Thank you very much @Richard-Lock for your valuable advice. 

I'm also working as a freelance instructor along with Udemy.

And very correctly said the quality of a course and support for students is very important to grow.

Regards,

Mohit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors