My introduction

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My introduction

Hello everyone,

I am creating my first ever udemy course.  It is an English course for beginners and for people who want to improve their pronunciation in English.

I have made an introduction/promotional

video and I have added Spanish subtitles.  

I would like to know the languages of my potential students here at udemy, so I can also have other versions with other subtitles.

I am going to try to attach my video (2minutes and 48 seconds) and I would love any feedback on any aspect of the video.

Thank you,

Chris

2 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Chris, 

A couple notes: 

- I think from a technical standpoint, the quality is good. Your lighting is acceptable, your camera angle and background are good. The sound is ok,  

- I'm not your target population and I understand why you are enunciating like you are but to me it sounds very unnatural. Also, I think when you make your eyes very large, it is distracting.

- I like the subtitles in Spanish but I think you should also have it in English (dual subtitles). If people are trying to learn, it would help them to read what you are saying. I hope this makes sense. 

- Last thing, the first few seconds of your video is when you keep or lose your audience, I would skip the slideshow of images and just go straight to your welcome. Maybe superimpose those images as you are speaking so that we are not just looking at your face the whole time. 

Best of luck to you. 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

Thank you very much Greg, for taking the time to watch my video, and then for providing me with feedback.

Everything you wrote makes sense and I am now going to do more research on how to make improvements.

Thanks again,

Have a great day!

Chris

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors