Need Help - How to create my first course?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help - How to create my first course?

Go to solution

Hello Folks!

Hope everyone is doing great.

I am planning to create a course on MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, but I don't know how to go about it.

Would appreciate if I can get suggestions on which video software can be used, what should be the price point and other valuable tips from the existing tutors on Udemy. Also are there any pre-requisites for becoming an instructor on Udemy?

Looking forward to hearing soon from you all. Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hey @Nuruddin, you can start by looking through our FAQ's support article here. There's also lots of information on the course creation section in our Teach hub here. Lastly, a quick search here in the community can be helpful by using keywords such as course creation, software, resources, course price, etc. 

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Go to solution

Hey @Nuruddin, you can start by looking through our FAQ's support article here. There's also lots of information on the course creation section in our Teach hub here. Lastly, a quick search here in the community can be helpful by using keywords such as course creation, software, resources, course price, etc. 

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thanks Abbie. Shall go through the links as instructed by you. Appreciate the prompt response.

Go to solution

Hi @Nuruddin 

Have you taken a look at the courses that are already there? Some areas are very competitive with existing courses. Udemy have great marketplace tools in the instructor profile. They tell you what sells and how tough or easy it is to break into a certain area. Good luck.

LL

Go to solution

Hello @Lizzy

Thanks for the references. Shall definitely look into it. Appreciate your response.

Go to solution

@Nuruddin First i wish you good luck with your course

Second, for the videos recording you can use Camstasia Studio for screencast recording it is a very powerful and easy software that i personaly use to record my courses.

You have also to get some equipment like a good mike to het a good voice quality.

The last and the most important thing is that you have to know your course domain as well, you have to know and understand perfectly your course materials.

Go to solution

Hi @RamziDeveloper 

Thanks for the best wishes. Currently I am using Screencastomatic, but will surely try Camstasia Studio and yes will purchase a good quality mic for the same. Appreciate your response.

DeniseFletcher
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

At this point in your journey you are best to spend time here Course Creation  - but also all of this will be accessible from your dashboard - step by step. Good Luck @Nuruddin 

Go to solution

Hello @DeniseFletcher 

Thank you so much. Appreciate it.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors