Nobody has enrolled my first course yet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody has enrolled my first course yet

Go to solution

Hi
My course has been published in Udemy a few days ago, but no one has bought it. I'm a little worried about that.
What do you suggest to make the first purchases?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GuilhermeMP
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Offer your course with a discount coupon for friends that might be interested in the topic, or put some classes on Youtube with the coupon in order to make people see the course

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Hi, I watched your intro (and the two videos that are available) and even though I like the course content, I wouldn't buy it.

Reason #1: There is no voice-over. Following along with you while I have VScode open would be extremely hard as I have to watch the video actively and read your text overlays.  

Reason #2: As Vlad said, 1 hour may be a bit short. Try to add a few more videos, for example compare SVG to JPG or PNG, explain why SVG is so great, etc.

Reason #3: Your promo video is quite poor as it doesn't tell the viewer anything about your course. I recommend taking a look at this very useful guide and remake your promo video: https://info.udemy.com/perfect-promo

And yes I agree that there are a few things to market a course (like other people mentioned before) but in your particular case, I think it wouldn't solve the initial problem.

Hope this is helpful!

Best, Felix

View solution in original post

11 Replies
GuilhermeMP
Community Champion

Go to solution

It may take a few weeks before the first paid enrollment

Go to solution

Thank you  GuilhermeMP!

Have you any suggestion to make first enrollments happen?

GuilhermeMP
Community Champion

Go to solution

Offer your course with a discount coupon for friends that might be interested in the topic, or put some classes on Youtube with the coupon in order to make people see the course

Go to solution

Exactly! Good idea...!!

Go to solution

You may promote it via personal instagram or youtube accounts in order to get more views and purchases

Go to solution

Try asking your friends to buy your course as you have put some efforts in creating a good content and they must be the first one to help you out in this situation. And ask them to rate also. And share your course link with your known persons, to whom it might be useful. I hope like this you may get some popularity.

Go to solution

Perfect!

Go to solution

1-hour courses do not sell well on Udemy. I would suggest to make the course longer.

Go to solution

Yes, this is an expert opinion!

(‌But needs perseverance.Smiley Happy)

Go to solution

Hi, I watched your intro (and the two videos that are available) and even though I like the course content, I wouldn't buy it.

Reason #1: There is no voice-over. Following along with you while I have VScode open would be extremely hard as I have to watch the video actively and read your text overlays.  

Reason #2: As Vlad said, 1 hour may be a bit short. Try to add a few more videos, for example compare SVG to JPG or PNG, explain why SVG is so great, etc.

Reason #3: Your promo video is quite poor as it doesn't tell the viewer anything about your course. I recommend taking a look at this very useful guide and remake your promo video: https://info.udemy.com/perfect-promo

And yes I agree that there are a few things to market a course (like other people mentioned before) but in your particular case, I think it wouldn't solve the initial problem.

Hope this is helpful!

Best, Felix

Go to solution

I sent your idea to my team. They praised your idea and decided to follow up.

Thank you... very much!   God bless you...!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors