Non-disclosure of any verification anywhere prior submission of course for review

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-disclosure of any verification anywhere prior submission of course for review

I was in the newcomer's challenge and prepared a course within the stipulated time period provided. I took due care on whatever needs to be fulfilled before sending a course for review. But there was nowhere mention of anything regarding any sort of verification before sending a course for review. The issue is why there was no information provided beforehand and why only at the last stage when you click the button for the review (in the form of Pop-Ups/Forms). If any such verification required, the information should be mentioned to the instructor on a dashboard or anywhere. This is misleading the instructors, who worked hard to complete the challenge. Why it asked only at the last stage of submission when there is no more time left. And not to Since I was in the challenge, but because of the non-disclosure of this, I couldn't submit the course for review and lost my challenge reward. If this was not mentioned at the last moment when you are all set to submit the course, I could have done it in advance.

1 Reply
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AdityaGoyal This does sound like a frustrating experience. While many instructors are able to complete verification immediately, it does take longer for some, and we don't want that to be the reason you don't meet the 45-day deadline.

Please write to instructorsupport@udemy.com to work out details of your particular case. But in the meanwhile, we've taken the lack of warning about instructor verification as feedback and will look into making it clearer that this step can sometimes take longer.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors