Number of lectures per section

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of lectures per section

Go to solution

I've actually already got a couple of courses published but have hit a dilema. Can I have just one lecture in a section? The current course I'm working on has a section on background research for what I'm teaching, but this doesn't fit with the content of the other sections (all of which have multiple lessons.

Can I have a section with just one lesson?

Many thanks

Alan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi @DrAlanFayte786! As long as your course meets the minimum requirements -we’re talking about things like HD video, good audio, 5 lectures or more, and at least 30 minutes of video content- you can organize your course curriculum as you best see fit.  

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @DrAlanFayte786! As long as your course meets the minimum requirements -we’re talking about things like HD video, good audio, 5 lectures or more, and at least 30 minutes of video content- you can organize your course curriculum as you best see fit.  

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Hi Abbie, thanks! That's a relief 🙂 

Go to solution

Hi Abbie,

I would like to make a painting course, probably a master course, but I am a little bit confused about the length of lectures..Should a lecture be at most of 7 minutes (I think I have read it somewhere on Udemy)?

Because certain topics I would like to teach take definitively more than 7 minutes and it seems difficult to me to split them in different lectures

Thank you,

Francesco

Go to solution

Hi @Francesco, we do suggest that lectures are between 2-6 minutes in length, however, this is not mandatory. 

In our Course Quality Checklist, we've broken down Udemy's guidelines for the individual components of an ideal Udemy course into two segments: required and recommendedCourses that include the recommended items really stand out and engage students.

Download your Course Quality Checklist here!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Hi mates, what is the minimum number of the lectures to attract students.. according to your experience of course.

Thanks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors