One star w/o any feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One star w/o any feedback

Go to solution

Hello All, I wanted to learn from the champions about one star feedback.

Is it okay to ask for a feedback? just one star w/o any input doesn't help to make things better

What are your experiences?

Should instructors not do anything or ignore it?

Also, is it possible for someone just provide feedback w/o being a student? The one who provided the feedback is not a student. 

Sorry for many questions but totally take your help. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

My advice is to ignore it. You can ask for additional information from the student in the review response, but it's very rare that you will get a response. Some instructors direct message these students, but I don't think that's a very good experience for the student

We all get these one-star reviews with no text from time to time. It really doesn't matter how good or bad your course is. I see you're offering a practice exam for a certification; it may just be that the student didn't pass and they are taking it out on you.

It's a much more productive use of your time to find ways of getting more reviews (within Udemy's policies) so that the occasional one-star review carries less weight on your average review score.

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Thanks FrankKane .. trying to learn the process .. I am happy with your response and kind words. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @PC523, reviews from students who request a refund are not removed. We can't delete the review because it is an honest review, even if it's not the best circumstances. If they included a comment, you can take control of the narrative by responding to the review and addressing the points that the student mentioned, so that future students see that you're active and have the right expectations going into your course.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

Thanks Eliana.

It was just a selection of one star with no additional verbiage. So, are instructors allowed to ask for addl. info so that other students can be benefitted by it including the instructor?

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

My advice is to ignore it. You can ask for additional information from the student in the review response, but it's very rare that you will get a response. Some instructors direct message these students, but I don't think that's a very good experience for the student

We all get these one-star reviews with no text from time to time. It really doesn't matter how good or bad your course is. I see you're offering a practice exam for a certification; it may just be that the student didn't pass and they are taking it out on you.

It's a much more productive use of your time to find ways of getting more reviews (within Udemy's policies) so that the occasional one-star review carries less weight on your average review score.

Go to solution

Thanks FrankKane .. trying to learn the process .. I am happy with your response and kind words. 

Go to solution

Hi, 

I reply to all reviews, positive and negative. For negative ones, I always ask for feedback. 

I have never gotten any explanation from those people, but many of them changed their rating from one star to 2.5 or 3.

Which is quite interesting. 

Just my experience, I only have one course, so I am not an expert.

Cheers! 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors