Payment Method

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Method

Go to solution
Hello Instructors from India,
I am Vinod Cumar, a new instructor from India. I am about to upload my course but I am NOT sure about the Payment Method to choose (Paypal/Payoneer).
Can you please help me to choose the best one in terms of conversions and transaction fees? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

For India, I found Payoneer to be much better than Paypal. Payoneer provides better exchange rates.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @VinodCumar I found these posts talking about the pros and cons of each payment method, please access the following posts:

Paypal vs. Payoneer / Conversion rates to other currencies 

Paypal vs Payoneer

Which method do you recommend?

Hope this helps!

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

@VinodCumar I'm also a newbie and did some research on the topic.

I would suggest you to go for Paypal if your income per month is less than $100. I got my payment from Paypal and it was seamless, the only thing was their conversion rate was around Rs 2 less for each dollar as compared to other sites.

For sake of convenience and to focus on other aspects I decided to keep using Paypal, and will check other options later once the income revenue goes past 100-150$/month.

Thanks!

Go to solution

Thank you @aakriti-elearn for your valuable suggestion. Currently, I have both Paypal and Payneer. But I moved on to select Payoneer as my present payout method. And 2 days later I got reply from @instructorsupport saying...payout method can be changed later.

Go to solution

Hi @VinodCumar ,

what will be your suggestion now on this, will Paypal or Payoneer is good for Indians.

Go to solution

For India, I found Payoneer to be much better than Paypal. Payoneer provides better exchange rates.

Go to solution

@zealvora, could you please explain how you use Payoneer end-to-end. Do you use any prepaid card, or have given your local bank account details in Payoneer to direct transfer?

Thanks!

Go to solution

Direct Transfer to Bank via Payoneer. There are two advantages of Payoneer that I have found:

1. Better exchange rates (USD to INR).

2. Lesser transaction charge.

However, I'm waiting for a feature were Udemy can directly transfer to our bank account instead of going through either payoneer/paypal. I believe they are testing this feature in US.

Go to solution

That would be really nice, since a lot of instructors are based outside US

Go to solution

Hey @aakriti-elearn ,it is easier to create an account on Payoneer than it looks. you just have to use local bank (ex.- SBI) details and your govt. ID. Their account creation process is very fast. Just try.

Go to solution

Ok, will give it a try

Go to solution

Thank you @zealvora for your valuable suggestion. For now, i prefer to use Payoneer.  

Go to solution

Hi, 

I am a new instructor on Udemy. Can I know which purpose code should I select on payoneer? I am from India.

@VinodCumar wrote:

Thank you @zealvora for your valuable suggestion. For now, i prefer to use Payoneer.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors