Post Production Needs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Post Production Needs

It's continues to be quite an adventure. But now, despite needing to rewrite / re-screencast the technical portions of my course, it appears that I actually will complete and submit my Video Memories course for Udemy approval in a couple of months. (Don't hold me to that.)

Because I will have Udemy handle the marketing for me, I trust my course will not languish in total obscurity. So, I wonder if it's too early to be thinking about what post production support and responsibilities I should anticipate. Beyond answering students' questions, I notice other authors have websites, social media including some with YouTube Channels and Facebook Groups. And the prospect of a weekly blog is quite intimidating. 

I certainly intend to provide whatever post-production activities are appropriate. But what has been your experience and, perhaps most importantly, your post-production surprises?

3 Replies
Pino
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Hi Brian,

The answer to your question varies a lot: it depends very much on the subject and how you teach it. For instance, if you produce a training course on a software product, then you should plan to keep your class up to date, following the software releases, unless you set it to be specific to a specific version. Still, then it'll be obsoleted rather quick. In such a case, you have to plan to replace videos according to new features being released, interacting with the user and the like. Your course is on Video Memories, and I really don't know what that entails, but maybe is not subject to change, hence no maintenance necessary.

Then about engaging with your students... that is always a good thing as it improves the student learning experience, so it's up to you to decide the level of engagement you want to keep, but a good rule of thumb is: more engagement is better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Udemy profile - Camtasia 2020 Certified Voyager and Explorer - My LinkedIn - My Facebook
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Pino . Your comments on the need to monitor software releases are very helpful.

May I ask further:-

What has been the most effective platform to use to answer questions from students who take your course. If you get say even a small number like 200  students and each ask 2 questions, won't you be swarmed so I'm wondering how can it be better managed? (p.s. I have not published any courses yet)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors