Practice Activities and other doubts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Practice Activities and other doubts

Hello!

My name is Aline and I am creating my first course here on Udemy. I have some doubts and I would appreciate if you could advise me. 

1 - My doubt might be silly, but as I am teaching a music instrument I would like to encourage students to record themselves and post the links of the videos for community and instructor feedback. Is it possible? Can students post links of videos? In any case, would you recommend it?

2 - I also intend to include in the course some metronome and accompaniment tracks. I have checked out other similiar courses and some of them simply put these tracks as if they were "classes"... I think it might make students feel "cheated" since it is not what they expected in terms of hours of lessons in the description of the course (and I have no intention to make people believe my course is longer than it actually is). On the other hand, it would allow them not to depend on downloading files and apps. I would include the optional files for download anyway, but people might have different realities in terms of disc space and internet access. So what is the best option? To put both files and "lesson" tracks? To make it clear in the description the "real" number of hours of lessons?

3 - I have experience teaching live lessons, can I include reviews of former students in the description, even though they didn't have the same format of lessons with me?

4 - In my PROMO video should I include some sort of logo of Udemy? How can I do that?

Thanks a lot!

Aline

2 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

@AlinePascutti 

1- There's a way to do assignments on Udemy. I've never used it personally but I know it's available. I would caution you on the scalability of doing that and how much time it will take for you as an instructor. If you decide to join the Udemy program, your revenue per student will be around $3-5. If you end up spending several hours per student, this might not make financial sense. Also, if you have 1000 students in your course, do you have time to deal with that. 

Others may have a different perspective. 

2- I agree with you that as a student, I would prefer to not end up with hours of music without instruction. This is indeed a course. Plus I would personally prefer to be able to download the file and play it with my preferred method. 

3- I would think so. You can preface it by saying: "Here is what my classroom students are saying..."

4- I would check with Udemy first to make sure you can use their logos. I don't remember their policy on that part. 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

Thanks a lot!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors