Pricing a Udemy Course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing a Udemy Course

I am about to publish a course which will be about 30-hours in length. I was planning on pricing it at $199.99. 

When I see courses deeply discounted, like a $199.99 course selling for $11.95, do I create the discount or does Udemy do promotionals automatically? Or do I need to opt into some promotional choice when I publish?

Thanks in advance for the answers. 

8 Replies

Hi @CharlesEBrown, instructors are given the option of enrolling in Udemy’s promotions and marketing program when they apply to become a premium instructor. You are not obligated to enroll if you don't want to.

If you don't opt in to the program, your courses won't be sold at a discount. The course can only be sold at the price you have listed, or via a coupon code, you yourself create. If you would like to learn more about the promotions program, please head here.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

@Abbie , many thanks.

Where do I apply to become a premium instructor? Is it when I publish my course?

Once again, many thanks for the help. 

@CharlesEBrown, at the time of pricing your course, you'll be prompted to apply. It's free and usually takes 2 business days to get approved. To learn how to apply, check out this detailed guide here.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

@Abbie ..Thank you

I just looked at the pricing and I saw tiers 1 - 37, but no place to apply for premium. Do I have to wait till my course is actually published? Or can I do it now?

Thank you for all of your help. 

Hi @CharlesEBrown, in the price & coupons tab, you need to click on here (see below) to complete your premium instructor application.

premim.png

If this is not what you're seeing feel free to reach out instructorsupport@udemy.com and the team will gladly investigate further.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

@Abbie Thanks. I think I see the problem.

I published another course about a year ago under Tim Buchalka's umbrella. I think I was signed then as a premium instructor. 

If I am a premium instructor for one course am I automatically a premium instructor for all my courses?

This is going to be my first solo course. 

Thanks. 

@CharlesEBrown, you've got it right! This process only needs to be completed once per account. 

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

@Abbie ...Many thanks for all of your help. I appreciate it. 

Thank you

Charles

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors