Promo Video - optional?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo Video - optional?

Go to solution

Happy New Year all, I am a first time course publisher (in-waiting).

Quetion: Is the promo video optional? I have possibly been asked to change it, and I am thinking 'can I delete it and live without it?' but seems like there is no option to delete a promo video. So the only option is to rework and upload.

Is my reading correct?

Cheers T

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @TarakRanjan Once you’ve uploaded a promo video, you can’t delete it, just replace it with a new one. Students will see your promo video and form a first impression about you and your course. Students who watch a good promo video are 5X more likely to enroll in your course. 

For tips on how to create a great promo video click here.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Eliana

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @TarakRanjan Once you’ve uploaded a promo video, you can’t delete it, just replace it with a new one. Students will see your promo video and form a first impression about you and your course. Students who watch a good promo video are 5X more likely to enroll in your course. 

For tips on how to create a great promo video click here.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Eliana

Go to solution

I have been trying to upload a promo video since this afternoon. My internet connection is good, but it is still taking a lot of time, and it is not getting uploaded. What should I do? 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Sahuvishal86   Sorry to hear you cannot submit your promo video. You should send the email to the support team with the following information :

• The lecture file

• The operating system you're using

• Your internet connection speed

To contact the team, please open the help center article here and click “Contact Us” on the right.

I hope this helps!

Eliana

Udemy Community Moderator 

Go to solution

Thanks for replying, Eliana. I submitted my course without uploading the promo video, and it already made my first lesson of the course my promo video. So the problem has actually been solved. 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Sahuvishal86  Great to hear this has been resolved! 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors