Promotional Emails to First Paid course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotional Emails to First Paid course

Go to solution

Hello everyone, please can you help!

I launched my first free course mid March and with 1,482 enrolments now, I am just about to launch my first paid course! Pleacse can you tell me if all those enrolled students in the free course will receive my promotional email for the paid one?

When I enter the title of the free 'elegible course' it says no results found. Does the system need to recognise your free course in order for your enrolled students to receive a promotional email?

Many thanks for your assistance and advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi @renoirmonet, if you change the course from free to paid, you should be able to send a promotional email to every enrolled student in your course. It doesn't matter if the students enrolled for free or paid. If this is not what you're seeing, feel free to reach out instructorsupport@udemy.com so that our team can investigate further.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @renoirmonet, if you change the course from free to paid, you should be able to send a promotional email to every enrolled student in your course. It doesn't matter if the students enrolled for free or paid. If this is not what you're seeing, feel free to reach out instructorsupport@udemy.com so that our team can investigate further.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Hi Abbie,

Many thanks for your response and advice it is much appreciated.

Regards,

Gerald

Go to solution

Hi Abbie,

Please can you clarify for me.

I am just about to submit my first paid course to Udemy for publication.

Will all the students currently enrolled in my free course, receive a promotional announcement about my new paid course, once I create the announcement and send it? OR can students only receieve a promotional announcement, about a paid course that has been accepted and published?

Many thanks again,

Gerald 

Go to solution

Hi @renoirmonet, I'd like to clarify that promotional announcements are only available for courses set as "paid". For example, if you have a free course "YYY" and you change it to "paid" (once) you'll be able to send promotional announcements to the students of that "YYY" course. However, if you have two courses "123" free and "XYZ" paid, you can only send promotional announcements from "XYZ" to students enrolled in the course "XYZ". Students from "123" will not receive this announcement as they're enrolled in your "free" course. 

That's why it's best to contact instructorsupport@udemy.com directly, as the team can be more specific with their answers, providing information about your specific situation.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Hi Abbie,

Thanks so much for your response and your support regarding this as I'm a new instructor!  Your thorough explanation of the promo announcement has made it totally clear now and my issue is resolved!

Thanks again Abbie and great to have such wonderful support!

Gerald 

Go to solution

I'm super glad to hear that! Thanks, @renoirmonetSmiley Very Happy

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors