Promotional Video

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotional Video

Hi, is it possible to launch your course without a Promotional Video first, and then add in a Promotional Video some time after (post initial launch)?

7 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes @UltimateMasters , your first introduction video will be your promotional video whilst you create a specific promo.

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Thanks Sharon for the swift reply.

Does that mean I can upload my Promo Video at some time after ?

Hey @UltimateMasters, definitely. You can update your promo video at any time. Smiley Happy

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Thank you for this light Abbie 

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I would not be in a hurry to publish your course without a promo video. When people visit your course they are going to see a video, which will be your first video, and that will promote or turn away potential students. The truth is that in the first ten or twenty seconds of watching the first video, students make a decision, to either look for something else, or to study your course further.  You don't have a choice about that. 

There is no point in publishing a course without thinking through what attracts a student. Otherwise you are wasting your time. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

hi 

I am a new instructor, i find it difficult to create a  promotional video ...  i have no experience on creating or recording videos. What can i do ?

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CesaltinoPa068 Welcome to the community! We have plenty of posts about the course creation process and also how you can create a promo video one recommendation is to keep the video short and engaging, please check the following article here. Also, you can use the search bar tool for any topic of your interest. 

Hope this helps!

Eliana 

Udemy Community Moderator 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors