Psychology

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Psychology

Go to solution

Hey 

I want to create a course about psychology. Kindly guide me what should be added in the course introduction ( except  definitions, scope and daily life use and types) as they are already on the list. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AliciaPaz
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I teach psychology; it really depends on what you are teaching and to whom.

A basic intro guideline

* Introduce who you are briefly

*What the course title is?

*What will students learn?

*Who is this course for? (beginners? Professionals? those working with teenagers?)

Example: "Hi, I am Alicia Paz. I am a Therapist with a Masters's Degree in Counseling Psychology.  I have been teaching online for the last 8 years.  In this course (course title), students will learn how to XYZ, the terminology regarding ABC, how to utilize XYZ in working with adults with depression. This course is 6 hours long, has 55 videos, and is focused on learning (course topic.) I am available to answer questions and help guide you through (course topic) as you learn. I hope you get the most out of this course, and I look forward to seeing you in class."

This article is more for the description but a good guide for an intro video or landing page video.  Also, keep it brief 3-5 minutes I find best with no fluff and lots of details and "next steps" on what students will learn, be able to do, etc., upon completion. https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229232407-Course-Description-Quality-Standards

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AliciaPaz
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I teach psychology; it really depends on what you are teaching and to whom.

A basic intro guideline

* Introduce who you are briefly

*What the course title is?

*What will students learn?

*Who is this course for? (beginners? Professionals? those working with teenagers?)

Example: "Hi, I am Alicia Paz. I am a Therapist with a Masters's Degree in Counseling Psychology.  I have been teaching online for the last 8 years.  In this course (course title), students will learn how to XYZ, the terminology regarding ABC, how to utilize XYZ in working with adults with depression. This course is 6 hours long, has 55 videos, and is focused on learning (course topic.) I am available to answer questions and help guide you through (course topic) as you learn. I hope you get the most out of this course, and I look forward to seeing you in class."

This article is more for the description but a good guide for an intro video or landing page video.  Also, keep it brief 3-5 minutes I find best with no fluff and lots of details and "next steps" on what students will learn, be able to do, etc., upon completion. https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229232407-Course-Description-Quality-Standards

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!