Purpose code on Paypal for Indian Instructors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purpose code on Paypal for Indian Instructors

Hi There,

It's great to be part of this community!

I am from India. and I'm building my course these days.

Any Indian instructor would be able to best answer this question.

Question:

I am trying to create a business account on PayPal (India) to receive payments from Udemy.

During the process of account creation Paypal is asking me for 2 things namely "Product /Service type" and "Purpose code".

There are lots of available options to choose from a list for both of these. I do not know which option to choose for Udemy specific activity.

Anybody from India who has created a business account on PayPal would know of these two options and can help me pick the right options.

I seek your help in this as i am unable to finish creating my PayPal account without these 2 options where i am stuck.

Thanks and cheers!!

6 Replies

Hi I also just signed up I tried to link with PayPal and couldn't find a proper answer 

So I took the 2nd option of payoneer and created that payment  method. It was quite user friendly and simple

Even I don't know which one is better but the articles in google told both have there pros and cons

So  you can chk out payoneer option also  pl consider  taking 

@MukeshKumar777 wrote:

Hi There,

Question:

I am trying to create a business account on PayPal (India) to receive payments from Udemy.

During the process of account creation Paypal is asking me for 2 things namely "Product /Service type" and "Purpose code".

There are lots of available options to choose from a list for both of these. I do not know which option to choose for Udemy specific activity.

Anybody from India who has created a business account on PayPal would know of these two options and can help me pick the right options.

I seek your help in this as i am unable to finish creating my PayPal account without these 2 options where i am stuck.

Thanks and cheers!!

Better advice from. Someone already using them as instructor 

Thanks Renu,

I will surely try payoneer option. 🙂

please do check with other seasoned instructors also

@MukeshKumar777 wrote:

Thanks Renu,

I will surely try payoneer option. 🙂

Is it approved? Even I find it difficult to select purpose code for receiving Udemy Payment on Payoneer.

You don't need a business Paypal account for Udemy. A personal Paypal account will do as well.

So which purpose code you ended up selecting?

@MukeshKumar777 wrote:

Hi There,

Question:

Thanks and cheers!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!