Reuploading a course, or converting a course elsewhere

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuploading a course, or converting a course elsewhere

Hi all!

I'm a blockchain engineer and I've made a course on freecodecamp that has performed really well!

I'm planning on doing some more there, but I was wondering, if I make a course on freecodecamp, can I repost it to udemy? Or if I make a course on my own channel, can I reupload it here? I'm thinking the value add of udemy vs free would be a bit more support, so people would be willing to pay here even though the content was free.

Let me know!

Let me know, thanks!

2 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @patrickalphac, that's a good question!

You keep full ownership of the content you publish on Udemy, this means you can publish the same course on other platforms and services, however, the price must not be lower than the price displayed on Udemy.

In other words, if you already have a free course somewhere else and want to publish it on Udemy, you will need to publish it as a free course as well. These license terms are outlined in detail in Udemy’s instructor terms

If you have any further questions, please contact our Policy team via policy@udemy.com, they will be able to provide more details about this.

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Hi! I just found out that if I want to make the course for free, it can't be longer than 2 hours.

This is going to be the best and largest web3 educational content out there and it's 30+ hours long. Is there a way to make an exception here? 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors