Reviews

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reviews

Hello Everyone. I apologize if this has been brought up before, but I want to see if this is something that we can agree on, so that it can be looked at by Udemy. I created my 1st course and had it added to the Udemy library at the end of July. I have almost 50 students so far, but I've seen 2 reviews come from students who've only gone through 5% of the course. 

I don't have any bad reviews, but I personally believe that a student shouldn't be able to review a course unless they've finished AT LEAST 25% of it (and I think it should be higher). Both reviews from students who only finished less than 5% of the course were 3.5 and everyone who actually got into the meat of the course were at 5's. 

What do you guys think?

5 Replies

Hi @MichaelMoses - The Udemy rating and review system is just flat broken and lends itself to gross abuse. Lot's of instructors gripe about it but Udemy hasn't done anything about it, at least as far as I know. So, if you want to be a Udemy instructor, you'll have to put up with it.

Hi @RandyMinder, thanks for responding. It's crazy that the review averages can be manipulated so easily for "students" who haven't taken the class.. 

exactly what I think!!!!

It's crazy.. 

Agreed. They can just watch my intro videos and decide it is not what they want without getting into the real lessons. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors