Seeking information based on your experience

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking information based on your experience

Go to solution

Greetings to all,

I am new to all this "recorded online training" and I was wondering... When standing in front of the camera and recording your session. -The material you are delivering- do you remember it or you you read from screen?

If you are reading from screen, how do you work this out with the camera?  any specific software?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

For PowerPoint you can record yourself an your slides! 

If you go to the top tool bar in PowerPoint an go to "Slideshow" hit Record Slide show!

Hope this helps you! 🙂 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @i.jimean I use bullet points on a teleprompter 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Go to solution

Thank you 🙂
May I ask how what is the teleprompter make or bran you are using?

Go to solution

@i.jimean A lot of times I will do it in bite sized chunks and edit it together in a video editor. 

Go to solution

Thank you 🙂

Go to solution

I don't use a script.. Since I screen-record powerpoint presentations, the bullet points /data is already there - all that is needed is to explain those points in your own words. Most of my videos are planned to have a length of 5-10 minutes, so that it is easy to record & re-record if needed. 

And yes, lot of time & effort goes into creating material (PPT or other tools), recording and editing videos 

Go to solution

Thank you for your response. 
When you are recording your session, do you combine your video recording with the PowerPoint presentation? 
If yes, what software do you use for that?
Thank you again 🙂

Go to solution

For PowerPoint you can record yourself an your slides! 

If you go to the top tool bar in PowerPoint an go to "Slideshow" hit Record Slide show!

Hope this helps you! 🙂 

Go to solution

That is how I normally do mine and it works out very good for me.

Go to solution

thank you sir,

this helped me a lot 🙂

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I use a "parrot" teleprompter attached to a DSLR camera for "talking head" segments. Most of my courses are just narration over slides and screencasts though.

It is very hard to read from a script on a teleprompter and not sound like you are reading from a script. Stick to bullet points, and do multiple takes until it sounds natural and smooth.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors