cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I provide downloadable questions and answers to students

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

A very good day to All!!!

I am new to Udemy and my course is based on teaching how to ace a data science interview in which I will be giving lectures on questions and answers. Should I provide downloadable questions and answers as pdf as well?

Please suggest.

Thanks

Nizam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hmm... Why do you think providing materials to students could increase the refund rate?

You can try creating notes in a way that they'll need to watch your videos to relate to what's written. For instance, you could create a sheet with major key points or the slides you're using, but with some parts missing, so students will have to fill in the blanks. Or you could just bullet-point big concepts out, but students have to fill-in more detailed notes to understand the big picture, or some other way. You can get creative, but I do think some students would appreciate having some sort of note sheet to fill in and follow 🙂

And if you want to supply practice problems, the questions can be on paper, but the answers could hopefully be explained in the video, so it's not as easy for students to just download paper resources and leave—the paper itself shouldn't have all the answers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Go to solution

Hey Nizam,

I don't see why not; I don't think it would hurt. Some students do like to follow along with printed copies and then write notes on paper. You could also turn it into an exercise for students and have a lecture to go over the answers for each of the questions. Lots of things you could try to do!

Go to solution

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your response. I was wondering if it will increase the refund rate for my course?

Is it likely that if we provide important materials to students then the refund rate increases?

Go to solution

Hmm... Why do you think providing materials to students could increase the refund rate?

You can try creating notes in a way that they'll need to watch your videos to relate to what's written. For instance, you could create a sheet with major key points or the slides you're using, but with some parts missing, so students will have to fill in the blanks. Or you could just bullet-point big concepts out, but students have to fill-in more detailed notes to understand the big picture, or some other way. You can get creative, but I do think some students would appreciate having some sort of note sheet to fill in and follow 🙂

And if you want to supply practice problems, the questions can be on paper, but the answers could hopefully be explained in the video, so it's not as easy for students to just download paper resources and leave—the paper itself shouldn't have all the answers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors