Should we encrypt the video before submitting for review ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we encrypt the video before submitting for review ?

Hello all,

Recently I created a new course. But it is in draft status. What I realized that those videos are in unencrypted status. As I know all videos in Udemy platform are encrypted.

So I would like to know whether should I need to encrypt every video I uploaded before submitting review or Udemy will encrypt the uploaded videos automatically to prevent unauthorized download my videos ?

Best Regards,
Tom

1 Reply
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @TomCheung679, thank you for asking about this! To allow for better mobile learning, students can always download course videos within the Udemy app for offline viewing, as the video content in this case is encrypted. When students download video lectures in the Udemy mobile app, they are saved as encrypted UFO files - these files can only be opened in the Udemy mobile app.

Due to piracy concerns, course videos are not available to students for download on a computer. As the instructor, you can choose to enable or disable this setting. For more information, check out this support article 

We understand how valuable your content is and we are committed to helping you protect it. For more information on how Udemy protects your content, please click here.

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors