Steps for Voice Over Presentation (video)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Steps for Voice Over Presentation (video)

Apologies as I need some clarification - am I right to say if I want to do Voice Over presentation, I will need to create powerpoint slides, then record a narration, and thereafter convert the slide show (with narration) into a video file before it can be accepted by Udemy ?

Is it better to insert audio to the slides or to record within Powerpoint itself?

Appreciate some guidance as am a newbie. Many thanks!

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Steps for Voice Over Presentation (video)

Hi @Lynn PowerPoint slides must be converted into video lectures and a human voice must be added with PowerPoint you can record your voice directly with the program and export the audio+presentation as a video;  click here to know how this is done, and here are a few great resources to help you get started:

Teaching Center

Marketplace Insights

Udemy Course Quality Checklist

I hope this helps! 

Highlighted

Thank you, I will try!

Highlighted

Your best bet is to do things in this order:

1. Write up a complete manuscript (so you know what you are going to say)

2. Create your PowerPoint slides from your manuscript

3. Read your manuscript (in a conversational tone), while recording using Audacity (free)

4. Do any editing you need to do on the audio (remove mistakes) and export the audio file(s)

5. Record the screen with Camtasia (or some other screen recordng software)

6. With the screen recording running, launch your PowerPoint slideshow and tab through it (do not record audio)

7. Import, into your Camtasia screen recording project, the audio you recorded when you read your manuscript.

8. Edit your timeline to align your slides with your audio.

9. Produce your final video(s)

This is a very high-level outline of what I do. What I usually do is record the audio separately for each lecture and create each lecture separately. This lets me "eat the elephant one bit at a time".

It's a bit of work up front, but the result is far superior to the idea of winging it.

Highlighted

Thank you for the sharing, will try !

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time Course Creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors