Stuck in Instructor Identity Verification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in Instructor Identity Verification

Hi,
My course is fully uploaded and ready to publish. But I tried to publish it, it asked to do identity verification for the instructor. When I went ahead with the process, the automated verification process is failed, and it prompted me to follow the alternate verification process. The alternate verification process involves making a video explaining a few things as said in the instruction.

Its been around 3 days since I have done the process, and still, I got no reply. It says usually the process takes 24 hours to be completed and approve the course. Even I have done the process and mailed the video 2 times to verification@udemy.com, I still got no reply from it.

And whenever I log in to my instructor dashboard, it says your account will be permanently deleted on 7 June. I'm unable to know exactly what to do now.

Has anyone faced the same?

4 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @hareshdew don't worry, if we don't get to your request before your verification deadline, we won't remove your account based on that. We appreciate your patience as the teamwork on getting to your submission.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Hi

I am facing exactly the same problem. Like you, I noted that the verification process is supposed to take 24 hours. So far, I have been waiting seven business days: I submitted on 25 June. I also have a notification threatening to delete my account, though the date threatened was 1 July - and the account seems not to be deleted, which is good news. But am i being too impatient in awaiting identity verification? Or should i be expecting my course to be authorized within the six-day period? It's certainly frustrating.  I'll set up a new thread and see what kind of response I can get.

MeryMejia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AlanBarker535 due to the spike in requests we're still experiencing, the responses from our team have been delayed, please don't worry once your request is next you'll be hearing from the team.

Mery Mejia

Udemy Community

Hi Mery  Thank you for replying. I appreciate the difficult circumstances you're working under. i look forward to hearing from the team soon. Regards Alan

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors