Student taking refund after watching around 50% of course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student taking refund after watching around 50% of course

Hi, 

I have concerns about the course refund system. 

I found that students are taking a refund on my course even after watching 50% of the course. 

Why Udemy allows a full refund after consuming so much of course. Students already get what they want and then apply for a refund. 

That's an abuse to me and my course. It is fine if they do that in 20% or around that. but after consuming that much Udemy should not refund. 

2 Replies

Hi @JayRupeja, the refund system will accept or deny a student's refund request based on a set of rules. While we do have a refund consumption threshold, we don't publicly share the exact threshold to avoid enabling gaming of the system. A student may also be denied a refund if their behavior indicates abuse of the system over time. We also have a team of support agents that handles escalations for refund requests and will grant exceptions if the situation permits.
If you suspect that there is fraudulent behavior with this refund request, we encourage you to reach out to the Trust & Safety team directly to investigate.

We've passed your feedback about the consumption threshold along to the appropriate teams.

@MariaG Oki, I would like to see what that "appropriate team" says. 

I only know about the "Daniel Fellner" student, who consume 45% when I last see the student progress. and then he went for a refund. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors