Subtitles not generated

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtitles not generated

Go to solution

Hi everyone! Happy to be here. I've enjoyed reading through this section and have learned a lot!

So, I just published my second course. I had published my first last year, then unpublished it and made a better one. I can see improvement! (second one was a lot better than the first, so I assume the third will be better!) The problem is that the captions have not completed their autogenerate for four days. The wheel to the left of each video is still spinning, and I don't know what is happening. I contacted support a day ago, but haven't heard back. 

In my first course, it was self-explanatory. They just autogenerated, and I went in and cleaned them up. I am not seeing anywhere to click to be able to fix this. Now I am wondering if I should set to private or unpublish, because the subtitles are a critical part of the course, as it is a language course.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated 🙂 

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
TameraDion
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Support is pretty swamped right now with reviews being broken and instructors messaging them about that. There could be another glitch in the system dealing with subtitles as well.

*Brains behind Jason Dion*

View solution in original post

Go to solution

This issue is there for more than a week. So don’t expect any quick resolution as it appears it is way down the priority. I suggest you create your own from YouTube at least for your preview videos. 

Regards,

Jitesh

Go to solution

Give it some time. Mine was spinning for more than a week. :). Yours could be in the queue.

Go to solution

Hi @InannaVega768 ! This is still an ongoing bug, I'm afraid. /:

We will notify instructors once this issue has been resolved.

Regards,

Ericka Núñez
Udemy Community Team

12 Replies
TameraDion
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Support is pretty swamped right now with reviews being broken and instructors messaging them about that. There could be another glitch in the system dealing with subtitles as well.

*Brains behind Jason Dion*

Go to solution

Thank you TameraDion! It helps a lot to know that it is just a busy time. 🙂

Go to solution

This issue is there for more than a week. So don’t expect any quick resolution as it appears it is way down the priority. I suggest you create your own from YouTube at least for your preview videos. 

Regards,

Jitesh

Go to solution

Thanks Jitesh!

Go to solution

Just an update. It has been resolved now. Pls check your captions. 

Go to solution

hmmm. Mine is still spinning. Perhaps I published just as there was a problem. I wonder if I should unpublish and then publish again- if that would help. I will give it a little time and see...

Go to solution

Give it some time. Mine was spinning for more than a week. :). Yours could be in the queue.

Go to solution

Hi @InannaVega768 ! This is still an ongoing bug, I'm afraid. /:

We will notify instructors once this issue has been resolved.

Regards,

Ericka Núñez
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thank you @ErickaNuñez ! As of 2 am UTC time, mine has stopped spinning. I will go ahead and edit a few lectures to see what happens. Will report back if any problems occur. thanks again!

Go to solution

I don't know where to publish this, but I have published a course and after ONE MONTH or almost that, no subtitles were added. While I was editing my videos I could have done that, but Udemy promised they would generate their own subtitles for me automatically! Then, obviously, I could edit them.

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

@MikaelSigur222 Sorry for the confusion, about subtitles. There was an update about subtitles in here. The auto-generated subtitles will be created for the course after it receives 20 or more enrollments on the marketplace. Now once your course reaches 20 enrollments you will have automated subtitles or you can add your subtitles. 

Go to solution

I will say this in a non-vulgar manner: that's a piece of defecation matter!

I am not satisfied at all with the really LOW!!! standard of quality of service of this platform! It must be this because you have a cash cow... That's why you make it so difficult to actually enter into contact with you through e-mail, most of your clients are really pissed with the fact that you don't provide adequate support..! In old times not many years ago, 2 at best, you provided help through e-mail; obviously I shouldn't have to publish my problem in a forum! Now your platform said that I should show you documents so that I will have to pay you TAXES to be deducible «otherwise I will not be paid», I said: WHAAAAT?! I mean...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors