TAX Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAX Issues

Go to solution

Hi guys,

I want to start teaching here at udemy but, I have not used tax before because in my country, We pay TAX indirectly. Now udemy is asking me for a TAX form, can Anyone help? Am from nigera.

Thanks so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hey @SeanCook438, yes, you don't need to submit a tax form until you start making money from your Udemy courses. 

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Go to solution

HI @SeanCook438 is there are any tax card there ? Don't worry it will be resolved

KS

Go to solution

I hope so.

Thanks

Go to solution

Hey @SeanCook438Udemy is based in the United States. All companies based in the US have to comply with IRS (Internal Revenue Service) regulations, which includes collecting information about your tax status as an instructor. Furthermore, no matter where you’re located, you may have enrolled students from the United States, and those transactions may be subject to US tax. 

Choosing the right form will depend on where you live, whether you’re an individual or entity, and other specifics. Since Udemy is unable to provide tax advice, we recommend that you consult with a tax advisor to ensure you’re using the right form and entering the information correctly.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thanks,

But Will my video be accepted even without tax forms submitted?

Thanks in advance!

Go to solution

Hey @SeanCook438, yes, you don't need to submit a tax form until you start making money from your Udemy courses. 

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors